rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men complain about Huggies commercial: read and be ashamed

http://mynorthwest.com/646/643141/For-a-...ies?page=1

Huggies ran a commercial saying they put fathers in charge of the kids while the mom got a 5 day "well needed break." The commercial went to show fathers ignoring babies while watching sports, not knowing how to change diapers, and some other random stuff.

Local news ran a segment where single dads were furious about being portrayed as stupid, openly complaining that they were more than able to take care of the children while the mother went out an earned an income.

Can't find the actual news video, but it might be out there somewhere.

At first I was ashamed men had stooped to such levels. Then I was pleased to know that we are not among them.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I'm totally for this. I'm glad these guys are pushing back against the stupid-dad stereotype that's so prevalent in commercials and movies. It's the same as any stupid-dude depiction (see any Judd Apatow movie): it wears away at any notion of male self-reliance, masculinity, or adaptability.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

The Fatosphere would be ablaze if this had been the other way around, showing women unable to do sports or mechanical skills.

I don't get it?

What is so bad about fathers standing up and saying they are able to take care of their children?

Quote: (03-15-2012 09:58 AM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

http://mynorthwest.com/646/643141/For-a-...ies?page=1

Huggies ran a commercial saying they put fathers in charge of the kids while the mom got a 5 day "well needed break." The commercial went to show fathers ignoring babies while watching sports, not knowing how to change diapers, and some other random stuff.

Local news ran a segment where single dads were furious about being portrayed as stupid, openly complaining that they were more than able to take care of the children...

At first I was ashamed men had stooped to such levels. Then I was pleased to know that we are not among them.

So when a stranger openly mocks you, you lap it up?

It's great to see guys standing up for once to the consistent stream of misandric bullshit marketing, and the company involved actually retreat. I'm wondering if these guys only responded because the ad disparaged 'dads' and not men in general, but it's a great development nonetheless. Not to be anal, but they should refer to themselves as 'fathers.' 'Dads' is dopey, infantilizing.

Ultimately, the only way to win is not to play. For every big brand product there's a lesser known one that's cheaper, better, or both.That means less money spent on advertising hacks, and more for the people actually making the product. I go for these as much as possible, and it requires no sacrifice anyway.

Kimberly Clark also makes Scott, Kleenex and Cottonelle products. And Depends for the incontinent players out there. Boycott away.

Edit: I realized another problem is that these 'dads' sound like pussies. They've been corrupted by the constant bleating by feminists and various victim groups that they even talk like them. They've forgotten how to talk like you have a pair. As a man, you do not 'take offense' at something, you do not express that you are 'hurt' or 'offended.' You simply state that something is inappropriate, disrespectful, dishonorable, unacceptable, wrong, immoral, and therefore indefensible. You don't sound off like a bitch and talk about your feelings.

I was pleased when I read this. It's the first time I know of that exclusively men (whether beta or not) have banded together to fight a corporation and got them to submit. Usually it's women who do shit like this.

What I like about this test case is that it shows that, if the liberals want equality, they have to understand it works both ways. If we can't make fun of women in commercials, then you shouldn't be able to make fun of men either.

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I was pleased when I read this. It's the first time I know of that exclusively men (whether beta or not) have banded together to fight a corporation and got them to submit. Usually it's women who do shit like this.

The funny thing is, the media would never recognize these ads as insulting in any way, if this response hadn't formed. Eg the headline from SFGate, "Huggies insults dads with new ad campaign." That would never have been printed, the copy writer would never have even thought of that, if there had been no criticism from fathers. Recognizing that men *can* and *are* regularly insulted, demeaned and humiliated in the media is an important step.

Taking care of your kids is now considered beta?

WTF is wrong with guys....

I am not concerned at all about the men sticking up for themselves. If your the boss at changing diapers, your the boss at changing diapers. I am sure I would be a horrible stay at home dad. So I can respect those that wake up early to get the kids ready for school, cleaning the whole house, doing the laundry, etc. Much like I could respect a women who does it as well.

However, It is not needed to go and complain to the world about something poking fun at you. How many other commercials are out there with these exact stereotypes? How many of them are getting a big shit fit? Both sexes of every race are insulted, demeaned, and humiliated every single day in the media. A commercial about a dad watching sports instead of changing a diaper is not a single iota different than the majority of stuff on TV these days.

I just don't see how a funny commercial can hit such a sensitive spot, that a man is willing to go on public TV blubbering like a child about it. No one could do a better job emasculating these men than they already have done.

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:37 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

Both sexes of every race are insulted, demeaned, and humiliated every single day in the media.

Nope. I don't see women demeaned and dehumanized. Nor do I necessarily want to see it. But I also don't want men, as a class, insulted either. It makes women feel comfortable berating men, thinking they're better than every guy on the street, before they've even accomplished anything to deserve it.

Look at a list like this, of the 'most sexist ads.' Not a single one of those is genuinely misogynistic. #1 on the list? An ad for tires that appeals to man's desire to protect the mother of his children from danger.

They don't demean women as a class, whereas the Huggies one and many other ads do. Not to mention the implication that sexism is limited to misogyny, and does not include misandry.

#10 on the list (one of my favorite of those commercials by the way), could easily be grouped into the same category as the huggies ad. Men can't change diapers and teenage girls talk on phones, obsess about boys, and cant drive. Both complete generalizations.

#1 on the list insinuates women are worse drivers than men.

How is this huggies commercial any different?

Quote:basil ransom Wrote:

The funny thing is, the media would never recognize these ads as insulting in any way, if this response hadn't formed

Exactly. Because the commercial in itself isnt offense. I have changed plenty of diapers (and I dont have a kid) and Im just not seeing how this commercial is demeaning men as a class.

EDIT: OK, I do agree that this makes fun of fathers by implying they arent experts at caring for their children (in the terms of changing diapers and what not). But I would not consider it demeaning to men as whole. It takes a stereotype and uses it as a lighthearted source of comedy. Some insecure men just got their man-vags tickled the wrong way.