rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Using AirBnB To Get A Home Court Advantage

The Phony Home Court
('PHUC' for short)

I started going out in an area some distance away from my house. It's a definite improvement, but it makes same night lays hard to impossible.

I thought about it, and it seems like AirBnB could mitigate this. It would work out like this:

1. Meet a girl out and when she asks where I live, tell her I have a place nearby.
2. Persuade her into coming home with me.
3. Pick and buy an AirBnB spot for the night on my phone discreetly.
4. Arrive at 'home' and bang.

The key advantages are that:
* You only pay once you know a girl is down to come home with you.
* She comes to a place that looks like a home.
* In short, all the advantages of having a place nearby, but paying $50-100 a night instead of $1.5-2k a month for a second residence. Most guys can budget an extra $100-200+ a month if guaranteed pussy is on the line.

Questions:

Q1. Is it possible to get an AirBnB spot on such late notice, at so late a time?
You'd need something where no interaction from the host is required, eg pay by phone and then you get a numerical code to enter the spot. If you did this with any consistency, you'd probably want to build a relationship with the hosts willing to work with you. Have a few so that you never come up empty, and can make a convincing pretense of it actually being your place.

Q2. Are you better off just going with a hotel?
Don't think I've ever rented a hotel room just to bang a girl near the bars. Are most girls put off by a guy who lives a half hour away but rips out cash to rent a hotel nearby? It just doesn't seem very smooth to me, like it's trying too hard, thus the phony home route.

Let me know what you think. Figured I'd hold off posting until I tested it myself, but I figure I could get some good feedback here.

Quote: (03-12-2012 10:20 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

The Phony Home Court
('PHUC' for short)

Q2. Are you better off just going with a hotel?
Don't think I've ever rented a hotel room just to bang a girl near the bars. Are most girls put off by a guy who lives a half hour away but rips out cash to rent a hotel nearby? It just doesn't seem very smooth to me, like it's trying too hard, thus the phony home route.

I have done the "one shot hotel" swoop countless times, although not recently.

It is a time tested classic.

The airbnd move actually seems more difficult.

No, I doubt it'll work. Because you have to send a request to the person renting the property, and they have 24 hours to confirm it. Assuming this is late at night the person probably won't even see your email till the morning. And often they have a specific check-in time. Then they'd have to arrange to meet you to give you the keys. If you are looking for a full private apartment for the night that you could book instantaneously and be gone by morning, I don't see it working.

Here's a good business idea, start up a chain of love hotels strategically placed in areas where people commute to for nightlife. Hollywood and downtown. The risk is that we don't have a love hotel culture in America like they do in Brazil and most women here would be ashamed to be seen walking in or out of one. It would have to be done in such a way to ensure privacy 100%. Something like this is VERY needed in Los Angeles where everything is so spread out and you have to drive 40 minutes on the freeway to get a girl back to your place.

Quote: (03-12-2012 10:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Here's a good business idea, start up a chain of love hotels strategically placed in areas where people commute to for nightlife. Hollywood and downtown. The risk is that we don't have a love hotel culture in America like they do in Brazil and most women here would be ashamed to be seen walking in or out of one. It would have to be done in such a way to ensure privacy 100%. Something like this is VERY needed in Los Angeles where everything is so spread out and you have to drive 40 minutes on the freeway to get a girl back to your place.

The problem with love hotels is that American nightlife is so spread out, and always changing.

In the 90's, the hottest nightlife spots in New England were along Rt. 1 near Boston.

In the 80's, it was Revere Beach in MA and Hampton Beach in NH.

In the 00's, it moved directly into the city of Boston and Providence, RI.

Love hotels would have to change locations constantly to keep up with the times, and since so many Americans drive and have apartments nearby, Love hotels have a ton of competition.

I just don't see them working in America.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (03-12-2012 10:45 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

The problem with love hotels is that American nightlife is so spread out, and always changing.

In the 90's, the hottest nightlife spots in New England were along Rt. 1 near Boston.

In the 80's, it was Revere Beach in MA and Hampton Beach in NH.

In the 00's, it moved directly into the city of Boston and Providence, RI.

Love hotels would have to change locations constantly to keep up with the times, and since so many Americans drive and have apartments nearby, Love hotels have a ton of competition.

I just don't see them working in America.

Just like with real estate, it's location, location, location. I can only speak for where I live. In downtown L.A. almost every girl you talk to commuted from at least 30 minutes away to be there making logistics for a SNL almost impossible unless you're one of the few people that lives down there. It's an exploding nightlife zone that's quickly rising. Yet downtown is still kind of seedy with a lot of dark alleyways and hidden places and such where you could put the entrance so as to protect privacy. I think it could potentially work here if done right at a decent hourly rate and if the hotel and rooms are at least nice and clean and maybe had a few amenities like a bar in the lobby and maybe a jacuzzi on the roof that could be privately rented.

I have though of this for my Tampa trips that are about 40 minutes away. The problem I saw was with if the place has owners on site. They may not like some girl cranking the tunes and drinking/smoking at 2 am. People are a little funny about their places. You may want to build a relationship with some of them in strategic places.

No, I doubt it'll work. Because you have to send a request to the person renting the property, and they have 24 hours to confirm it. Assuming this is late at night the person probably won't even see your email till the morning. And often they have a specific check-in time. Then they'd have to arrange to meet you to give you the keys. If you are looking for a full private apartment for the night that you could book instantaneously and be gone by morning, I don't see it working.

You're probably right, but it doesn't HAVE to be that way. It wouldn't be hard to modify an AirBnB spot to make this possible. It'd go something like this: each host has a list of 'Patrons,' who have previously stayed with the host or have otherwise shown themselves to be trustworthy guests. The host has keypad entry whose guest code changes automatically every time there is a new guest. Then one of the Patrons decides he wants a place for the night. He has a list of hosts who've already vetted him, finds one who is currently vacant, clicks on his phone, pays $100, and is given a code that will get him into the apartment. No human interaction needed.

The problem is AirBnB isn't optimized for this sort of transaction. If it could be sorted out, this option would give you 80% of the benefit of having a real place nearby.

I think this could be a great solution for those people you mentioned, driving 30 minutes to an hour to go out. I'm sure some of them would love to go without a designated driver for the night, and instead stay locally and then drive back the next morning. I guess hotels are already serving this crowd, and I don't know how many people actually ever do that except in a place like Vegas. But it's a part of the market that AirBnB presumably isn't serving right now.

The problem with the love hotels for us is that it would probably raise a lot of LMR. If I'm getting resistance from a girl coming home with me, I imagine it'd be even worse if I was taking them to a hotel. If you've got experience with this, do share. It just seems like a hotel may be more trouble than it's worth - if you're less than smooth the attempt at a same night lay will backfire.

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:11 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I have though of this for my Tampa trips that are about 40 minutes away. The problem I saw was with if the place has owners on site. They may not like some girl cranking the tunes and drinking/smoking at 2 am. People are a little funny about their places. You may want to build a relationship with some of them in strategic places.

Yeah you'd definitely have to build a relationship first. Make up a good alibi for needing a place, eg "My employer has a zero tolerance policy for DUIs, so even though I don't drink much, sometimes I'd like a place to stay nearby just in case."

Here's another idea. Pick a few out that will work then start building a relationship with the owners. Tell them you just like to "escape" once in a while and to give you a call when they have down time on the cheap. As far as I go the owners would need to be at least 50 miles away or be the kind of people I would party with and also still not be on site... I'm not the best house guest.

You might be on to something.

Now that I think about it, I used to use motel rooms back when I was going out in LA and OC more.

Q1. Is it possible to get an AirBnB spot on such late notice, at so late a time?
You'd need something where no interaction from the host is required, eg pay by phone and then you get a numerical code to enter the spot. If you did this with any consistency, you'd probably want to build a relationship with the hosts willing to work with you. Have a few so that you never come up empty, and can make a convincing pretense of it actually being your place.

Like Speakeasy, pointed out, it's nearly impossible to get an AirBnB on short notice. These are people's houses and they're all very careful about who they rent out to. Even if you have a long-standing account, with rep, my sense--from light usage--was that there's a bit of back and forth expected to secure a place. You should avoid logistics where you don't have a place to bring back a girl. Either stay closer to home or lock down your accommodations ahead of time. The days of the hot-sheets motel are over. I can't imagine any of the last several girls I've banged not clamming up the moment I pulled into that parking lot. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's no longer part of the cultural mainstream. A girl has to be that much more DTF, or drunk, to let it slide.

Even an old-school sex van is better than that.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:57 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Like Speakeasy, pointed out, it's nearly impossible to get an AirBnB on short notice. These are people's houses and they're all very careful about who they rent out to. Even if you have a long-standing account, with rep, my sense--from light usage--was that there's a bit of back and forth expected to secure a place. You should avoid logistics where you don't have a place to bring back a girl. Either stay closer to home or lock down your accommodations ahead of time. The days of the hot-sheets motel are over. I can't imagine any of the last several girls I've banged not clamming up the moment I pulled into that parking lot. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's no longer part of the cultural mainstream. A girl has to be that much more DTF, or drunk, to let it slide.

Even an old-school sex van is better than that.

Like I said earlier, I haven't done it in a while.

Although I think it still can be done.

I think you just need to frame it as sort of a "sleazy, passionate, forbidden type thing".

You obviously have to have strong Game and a lot of trust built up, but I still think it can be pulled off.

I don't get it. Are you guys saying if you pull that the girls wouldn't fuck at motel 6 or something?

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:57 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I can't imagine any of the last several girls I've banged not clamming up the moment I pulled into that parking lot.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. On the one hand I haven't tried it, but on the other, if I'm already getting resistance, pulling into the HoJo ain't gonna seal the deal. If the chick was down to fuck in the bar bathroom, you've got a good shot. Otherwise, there's a high chance of backfiring.

And I'm realizing staying close to home is definitely not an option any more. Going to the wrong bar is like hanging around weird people and wondering why you can't make friends, which has happened to me. You start to doubt yourself, and then you get somewhere else and experience success very quickly. You realize, "oh fuck, those people were just a bunch of losers, I didn't lose my mojo."

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:20 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

You're probably right, but it doesn't HAVE to be that way. It wouldn't be hard to modify an AirBnB spot to make this possible. It'd go something like this: each host has a list of 'Patrons,' who have previously stayed with the host or have otherwise shown themselves to be trustworthy guests. The host has keypad entry whose guest code changes automatically every time there is a new guest. Then one of the Patrons decides he wants a place for the night. He has a list of hosts who've already vetted him, finds one who is currently vacant, clicks on his phone, pays $100, and is given a code that will get him into the apartment. No human interaction needed.

The problem is AirBnB isn't optimized for this sort of transaction. If it could be sorted out, this option would give you 80% of the benefit of having a real place nearby. And not like driving into a hotsheets hourly motel. The Cecil is nothing luxury, but it is actually a legitimate and historic hotel that normal people stay in. The lobby is very ornate and European style. So it won't look sleezy, at least at first glance.

The thing is, cheap hotel rooms can be had downtown for quite cheap. So airbnb is probably not necessary for this purpose. The Cecil Hotel charges like $40 for a small room with shared bath. It's nothing luxury by any means, but if you just need a half-decent room to get busy in for a couple hours, that place seems fine enough for the price. Maybe you should mark the address on your phone's map.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cecil-hotel-los-angeles

edit--

It's pretty close to the action in downtown and since you can walk there and you don't have to drive, it may seem more spontaneous. Plus it is actually a legitimate hotel with an ornate, European style lobby and some history. So it's not a total motel 6 flophouse. It looks classy at first glance, even though the rooms are very minimal and not the nicest. So it wouldn't seem overtly sleezy to take a chic there I don't think. I'll have to do some reconnaissance on this place a bit more next time I'm in the area. It may potentially be the official RooshVForum love hotel for the Angelino members.

Quote: (03-12-2012 12:33 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The problem is AirBnB isn't optimized for this sort of transaction. If it could be sorted out, this option would give you 80% of the benefit of having a real place nearby.

The thing is, cheap hotel rooms can be had downtown for quite cheap. So airbnb is probably not necessary for this purpose. The Cecil Hotel charges like $40 for a small room with shared bath. It's nothing luxury by any means, but if you just need a half-decent room to get busy in for a couple hours, that place seems fine enough for the price. Maybe you should mark the address on your phone's map.

I may have to experiment with this for the girls that seem really down. Have you ever tried this, either there or at another hotel? Or has anyone else? Wondering how chicks would respond.

Another option might be taking her to a hotel with a decent bar and then taking her up to your room.

(snip)

The thing is, cheap hotel rooms can be had downtown for quite cheap. So airbnb is probably not necessary for this purpose. The Cecil Hotel charges like $40 for a small room with shared bath.

It may potentially be the official RooshVForum love hotel for the Angelino members.

[Image: gift3.jpg]

speakeasy, you're golden with DTLA recommendations I love the place. I'm planning on checking out the Perch (where you took Amour Fou to) sometime and then see if I can secure a room there beforehand. Combine basilransom's idea, then Tuthmosis recipe for 1st date bangs, you could also go with the "out of towner" angle, this has potential...I'm 30 min away from DT by Metro.

Quote: (03-12-2012 12:40 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I may have to experiment with this for the girls that seem really down. Have you ever tried this, either there or at another hotel? Or has anyone else? Wondering how chicks would respond.

Another option might be taking her to a hotel with a decent bar and then taking her up to your room.
What could be the problem with that? I can't speak for LA but here nobody ever cares as long as you have drinks and a computer to play some music on in the room. I stay in places all over the bay just for this reason. It adds a different dynamic to the game. Pull or waste your money and sleep in a hotel yourself you loser!! Do some day moves before you go out helps. Collect numbers and run a text game in the area the hotel is at. Also pipeline that zip code on pof etc.

This is actually a very good idea. The question really is how much a service like this is worth to you and do you bang enough new girls a month to make it worth while? Either way its not going to be cheap. It would sort of work like a hybrid between AirBnB, ZipCar and a Timeshare hybrid. You will pay a monthly fee(I don’t see this working on a pay per night basis) to get a base number of nights a month and use your Smartphone to see which apartment is available at any given of night. You will have to charge a surcharge for Friday/ Saturday nights or have some other mechanism to prevent somebody from hogging the weekend nights.

The closest thing I have seen to this is married guys who live far away in the suburbs chipping in together to rent a smoosh pad somewhere in Brooklyn.

Quote: (03-12-2012 02:03 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

This is actually a very good idea. The question really is how much a service like this is worth to you and do you bang enough new girls a month to make it worth while? Either way its not going to be cheap. It would sort of work like a hybrid between AirBnB, ZipCar and a Timeshare hybrid. You will pay a monthly fee(I don’t see this working on a pay per night basis) to get a base number of nights a month and use your Smartphone to see which apartment is available at any given of night. You will have to charge a surcharge for Friday/ Saturday nights or have some other mechanism to prevent somebody from hogging the weekend nights.

The closest thing I have seen to this is married guys who live far away in the suburbs chipping in together to rent a smoosh pad somewhere in Brooklyn.
That is kinda what my forum pussy timeshare idea is except the room/rooms and the club are the same place. 0% chance for any logistical failure therefor the bang could happen on two different occasions per day like butter.

Another alternative to the motels is some decent non-sleazy non-chain hotels will rent rooms for short-stays. It may not be advertised, so you'll have to ask. If you can find a place that does that in the area where you go out, maybe make friends with the night clerk and tip him so he knows the deal and plays it smooth without all the tedium (and opportunity for her to get cold feet) of a check-in.

I've done that abroad in a non-chain hotel and the guy knew the score and would just flip me a set of keys.

What if you had the guy renting out the AirBNB space on lockdown. Provided you used his room enough and you're on good enough terms I'm sure you could just phone him up late-ish at night and swoop accordingly. Of course you'd have to build the supplier-client relationship via airbnb but you would eventually be close enough so that you'd be on more personal terms.

Quote: (03-12-2012 02:16 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

What if you had the guy renting out the AirBNB space on lockdown. Provided you used his room enough and you're on good enough terms I'm sure you could just phone him up late-ish at night and swoop accordingly. Of course you'd have to build the supplier-client relationship via airbnb but you would eventually be close enough so that you'd be on more personal terms.
I just said that. Is my writing really that bad?

Quote: (03-12-2012 02:18 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I just said that. Is my writing really that bad?

My bad, must've skimmed over that.

Yeah, like I said earlier, AirBnB could be modified to make this arrangement straightforward. Make it so that you get emailed a code for entry upon paying on your phone, and no check-in needed, and bam you're in. I could do this with my garage right now for friends if I wanted. You just need a little more trust upfront. But from what little I've seen, AirBnB hasn't tried to do this, so it hasn't been done. Maybe we should submit a Player's Petition.

Having an impromptu stay at the cost of $50-$100 a night, less if you split it, isn't such a bad deal, if nobody wants to be the designated driver. It could be used by groups of friends, instead of cabbing from Hollywood or driving from the OC.

Tell them you're from out of town and go to a hotel.

I bang more broads in hotels than I do at home.

Seriously, I think a lot of them like this as they know you are not gonna suddenly want a relationship. They just want to fuck too.