rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health Advice: Coconut Vinegar

We've got some great threads on health tips started by GManifesto and others. Great community we have here.

Now one of my best friends is this fricken health nut in Brooklyn who just put me onto Coconut Vinegar.

I haven't tried it yet but I plan to pick up a bottle of the stuff when my current 16 oz. bottle of ACV is out.

This article highlights how it matches up against ACV.

I was expecting this to be a thread about mixing ACV and coconut oil. I dont know if I'm upset about this or not.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Was going to pick up a bottle of this, but wound up sticking with my ACV instead. Maybe I'll go pick it up anyway so I can do a compare/contrast thing.

My issue with this is availability. They sell Bragg's at Whole Foods, this I'd have to special order off the web. Plus I'd like to see a comparison of it to ACV thats NOT on a website designed to sell the stuff.

Chef In Jeans

Quote: (03-09-2012 03:53 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

My issue with this is availability. They sell Bragg's at Whole Foods, this I'd have to special order off the web. Plus I'd like to see a comparison of it to ACV thats NOT on a website designed to sell the stuff.

I saw some right next to Bragg's in Whole Foods. The same exact bottle that's on that website

Hmm it must be a regional thing then, the one here doesn't have it.

Chef In Jeans

I bought a bottle (same one as in the OP) at the Vitamin Shoppe the other day. It was only $5. Tastes better than ACV and it includes the complete chain of amino acids. I think I'm going to stick with Coco Vinegar for the nutrient content. You can always use both also....

So what's better...this or ACV? Someone needs to try out both.

Quote: (04-01-2012 05:44 PM)houston Wrote:  

So what's better...this or ACV? Someone needs to try out both.

I use both. I think Coconut V is better, though both are good.

I've been using the coconut secret vinegar for the past few weeks. I don't notice a difference in my health compared to ACV, though I definitely recommend a daily dose of one or the other.

The coconut vinegar is quite a bit more expensive than the ACV. For the same price at WF I can buy about 5x more quantity ACV than coconut vinegar, which is a big difference. The coconut oil definitely tastes better, more of a neutral flavor with a hint of coconut as opposed to the intense vinegary apple cider flavor of the ACV.

I'll be sticking with the ACV in the future due to its lower price plus more widespread availability.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.