rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Green Tea

I noticed Hencredible asked about Green Tea, and I consider myself somewhat of an expert (I have been downing the sh*t for 8 years or so), I thought I would do a post.

Here is why I like it:

Upsides

1. No big swings like with coffee. I used to be a 8 cup a day coffee drinker. Screw that. It tweaks you. Zero headaches.

2. It cleans your system. You have to take mad pisses, but that is how it goes down I think. (I don't have a medical degree).

3. It clears your head up, with a quickness. I can down 20 cocktails the night before, power down a cup of Green Tea, and my head is clear as a bell. Get on the phone and make $20,000 (did this today, What up fool!). The sh*t is magic on the mic.

4. It sparks your synapses. Between this and a smoke, I can verbal box with Satan himself.

5. It's a clean buzz. Real Clean.

6. It prevents Cancer. They say cigarettes "may" cause Cancer, which I doubt, but might as well hedge your bets like Kyle Bass. Mad anti-oxidants.

Downsides

1. None. That I can tell. Maybe mad bathroom trips, but that isn't really that bad.

This thread is open for questions.

Other good health threads from the 36 Chambers of The G Manifesto:

Health: Coconut Oil

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar

(I will be busting out more of these in the future as I continue to conduct research on my body.)

I drink white tea which is green tea on steroids. Step ya game up G lol.

Quote:Quote:

They both come from the same plant, the tea plant Camellia sinensis. The main difference between the two types of tea is that the white tea leaves are harvested at a younger age than the green tea leaves. They both undergo very little processing. White tea is not fermented at all, while green tea is partly fermented. By contrast, black tea is fully fermented. Because they are so gently treated, white tea and green tea retain their content of beneficial antioxidants.

White Tea vs Green Tea

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:11 PM)txbeachbum Wrote:  

I drink white tea which is green tea on steroids.

Step ya game up G lol.

They both come from the same plant, the tea plant Camellia sinensis. The main difference between the two types of tea is that the white tea leaves are harvested at a younger age than the green tea leaves. They both undergo very little processing. White tea is not fermented at all, while green tea is partly fermented. By contrast, black tea is fully fermented. Because they are so gently treated, white tea and green tea retain their content of beneficial antioxidants.

White Tea vs Green Tea

One at a time player!

I got mad teas in my arsenal. (so to speak)

Good link.

White tea doesn't have as much "kick", but I like it too.

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:13 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:11 PM)txbeachbum Wrote:  

I drink white tea which is green tea on steroids.

Step ya game up G lol.

White Tea vs Green Tea

One at a time player!

I got mad teas in my arsenal. (so to speak)

But that white gurl (tea) is the best!!

Yeah. I went through several tea phases back in the day (green, english breakfast, earl grey). Then I went through a coffee phase, and have alternated like that over the years.

I think I'm going to get back on the green tea. I actually have a couple boxes of that laying around.

Good stuff.

How do you make the switch if you're into coffee?
Just swap out or gradually?

How much green tea do you drink?

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:20 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

If my energy levels are good (as they are now) and my mind is sharp, I don't need to mess with coffee. That's like overkill to me. I'm feeling good right now so I can probably go right into tea and not touch the coffee. It's important to maintain an active lifestyle so that your energy levels are high so you don't need to "depend" on coffee.

I been drinking dominican coffee the last few years and it was tough to get off that shit, its strong and they make it in stove top expresso makers.

Makes american coffee taste like water.

So depending on how bad your habit is:

1. You can slowly decrease the intake say from 5 cups to 4 then to 3 etc then switch to tea, or replace one of your daily cups of coffee with tea

2. Go gangsta wit it and quit cold turkey but expect chills, headaches and basically feeling like you got hit with the flu and bus for at least a week.

I've done both ways if you can afford to do nothing but stay in bed for a week go with option 2, otherwise #1

I start my days off with one cup, two on the weekend. Buy it in loose form at an Asian food store & use a tea strainer or tea leaves ball for proper steeping to prevent it from tasting like grass (no more than 2-3 mins). There are plenty of positives which a quick search on google will reveal that aren't worded in the G Manifesto way. I do agree that white tea is a different kick of the same leaf.

I predict massive replies over the next 20 days of placebo effect claims like the apple cider vinegar post.

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:20 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

I would just straight up switch.

Or you could alternate cups to make it more gradual.

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:38 PM)MrM27 Wrote:  

There are plenty of positives which a quick search on google will reveal that aren't worded in the G Manifesto way. I do agree that white tea is a different kick of the same leaf.

Ha.

But those Sheets don't have as much "flavor".

I will try to make the switch (alternating cups).

Ok.. here is a another green tea tip, except related to skin, along the lines of Roosh's rubbing alcohol deodorant...

Steeped green tea bags for skin. To sooth your face or for acne you can dab your skin with a warm, recently steeped green tea bag. Re-wetting it as needed (with more green tea). Do this a while before a shower or your pillow will end up green.

It's better than oxy or any of that crap. And guess what..? A lot of premium cosmetics boast green tea extracts.

I drink about 6 cups of this stuff a day. I'm addicted. I have much more energy, my mouth tastes less like ass due to coffee, and it's got health benefits. I literally want to drink nothing else (besides a few bottles of plain water per day).

How much is too much green tea? I switch between decaf and regular depending on the time of day

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:52 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

I will try to make the switch (alternating cups).

Ok.. here is a another green tea tip, except related to skin, along the lines of Roosh's rubbing alcohol deodorant...

Steeped green tea bags for skin. To sooth your face or for acne you can dab your skin with a warm, recently steeped green tea bag. Re-wetting it as needed (with more green tea). Do this a while before a shower or your pillow will end up green.

I should have mentioned that.

Two more Green Tea uses:

1. Put used tea bag (so to speak) on your eyes if you have baggy eyes. Works like a charm.

2. Put used tea bag (so to speak) in your refrigerator and it absorbs odors.

This stuff is like the American Indians with the Buffalo. Use all parts.

What types of green tea do you drink?

What's better...this or coconut oil?

I used to drink it all time, it's good both hot or cold.
Be sure to get the most out of green tea by using
orange juice or something acidic.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...163016.htm

the orange juice allows the "catechins” in green tea to be absorbed better.

Quote: (03-05-2012 09:23 PM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

What types of green tea do you drink?

Good question.

I like all, but I recently had this, and liked it: Guayaki Yerba Mate Greener Green Tea

I want to start getting into "loose teas".

That is my next move, but I have a lot of plates spinning right now (so to speak).

I've been putting coconut oil in my green tea.

Love it G, I am a green tea connoisseur myself and I would have never pegged you as the type.

I'm really into matcha, which is like a ground green tea powder that you blend with water. It's big in Japan, and I stocked up before coming back to the states from Korea. Apparently there's some things that are lost when decocting tea that are retained when you're drinking the straight up leaf. Packs quite a kick as well, definitely gives me more of a rush than regular steeped green.

Another health benefit is that the ECGC in green tea inhibits blood glucose from entering fat cells, but diverts it to muscle cells. Trying to get cut and lose the flab? Certainly won't hurt.

Yerba Mate is my drink of choice though. Straight from the bombilla, Argentine style. Nothing beats it. It's like healthy crack.

my dad always drank regular hot tea back in the day so i got into tea not coffee (if i drink a medium mcfrappee from mcdonalds i act like im on meth for a few hours then crash)

But i drink a mug of hot green tea sweetend with honey everyday, have been for years really

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I've been drinking this stuff religiously since I decided to begin taking better care of myself a few years back. It does a great job of treating hangovers as G mentioned.

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Good question.

I like all, but I recently had this, and liked it: Guayaki Yerba Mate Greener Green Tea

I want to start getting into "loose teas".

That is my next move, but I have a lot of plates spinning right now (so to speak).

G, you will probably love this site. I am finishing up some green tea and honey. You can get loose tea or bags.

I bought mine in bulk and lasted for a long time.

http://www.republicoftea.com/

It is more expensive then some store bought but definitely worth it.

For me the main reason I drink it , it's because it active your metabolism and it's an excellent fat burner .

I used to fcuk with matcha (the Japanese shyt). I have a box of the green powder in my cupboard. As G said, it fired up my brain and I was fcuking mofos up in Scrabble and debates.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Black tea with milk, aka "English penicillin" has been a staple of my life for the past 15 years, mostly as an afternoon pick-me-up, but I have been drinking green tea since I worked in a sushi spot back in 2003.

But that's the feeling I have always received from green tea - cleansing.