rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

30 Bangs reviews
0 Bangs reviews
Will go here.
0 Bangs reviews
Can I buy this for my Kindle yet?
0 Bangs reviews
Really enjoyed the book, as always. The writing is tight and Roosh's ability to show progression in his game and point out mistakes in hindsight gives it a lot of authenticity. Most of us on the forum have read a lot of Roosh's stuff, but I could see this as a good intro for a first-time reader, since his game comes off as relatable and pragmatic in contrast to some of the more self-aggrandizing “PUA” dogma that newbies would find viscerally offensive to blue-pill ideas of reality.

After buying and reading both “Bang” and “Day Bang,” I often wondered about the situations that led to developing the standard tactics, so it was cool to see the origins of a few of the best moves. The book also shows a lot of intermediate/advanced game concepts in action if you read between the lines (social proof in “The Resistance”, The “slow close vs. rabid wolf” necessity of pushing for the bang quickly, different ways of diffusing last minute resistance etc.), so I think there’s something that players at every level can take away from it.

I definitely laughed out loud a few times (especially at the “I told her that brand sucked” line in “The Vegas Slut”), so it scored highly on the entertainment scale for me as well. The number of bangs described was enough to illustrate certain recurring patterns in interactions with women, but it was varied enough not to be needlessly repetitive. Overall, really awesome stuff. Buy it.
0 Bangs reviews
Quote: (03-04-2012 03:47 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Can I buy this for my Kindle yet?

I'm aiming for a March 19 release.
0 Bangs reviews
Great book, It is 30 short stories showing how Roosh managed to meet the women and escalated to the bang. every story is elaborated differently with Roosh trying to focus either on the approach, middle game or the seduction phase in the bedroom. Roosh has managed to pepper the stories with his 'Roosh-isms' (Girls are eager for sex too, being persistant for sex is very important etc) which seem to really hold value than him just stating the facts. And of course his humor is present in every story which made me laugh out loud on many occasions. The stories really do help a newbie like myself to relate to Roosh's struggles during his initial seductions. I will definately recommend getting this book.
0 Bangs reviews
I finished the book this weekend. The main thing that jumps out at you is Roosh's characteristic writing style--concise, no-bullshit, every word and detail there for a reason, but still sharp and infused with a generous helping of laughs--which makes the pages fly by. I think if you took the total time I spent reading the 103-page book it would probably come in under an hour and a half. Despite the fact that you can see many of the recurring patterns that are present in successful bangs, such as persistence, having tight logistics, and having the balls to escalate at every stage of the interaction, the bangs seem very well-chosen for their variety, and I never got the sense that the stories were becoming repetitive. The inclusion of a number of Roosh's travel bangs (including Mariana from A Dead Bat in Paraguay, which I particularly enjoyed because he gives you the nuts-and-bolts "how it was done" of a story he had already written about from a different perspective) helped keep the material fresh.

If I were to give one criticism of the book it's that some of the stories seemed a little too tightly-written. This was perhaps a consequence of keeping the stories as non-repetitive as possible, but sometimes Roosh will stop giving the detailed play-by-play at a certain phase of the pickup and state only the broad strokes of what happened next, returning to the finer level of detail only at a later point in the story. I actually believe this decision was probably for the best, as it contributes to the aforementioned excellent pacing of the writing and emphasizes those details that differentiate one story from another or otherwise contain a "teachable moment." The main reason why I bring it up is because the book flew by so fast for me that I was still hungry for more by the end of it, and I feel like some of the stories could have been infused with more of the juicy details without losing my interest in the slightest. The vignettes basically have the perfect length and pace to be like crack, and at the end of the book I was like a junkie desperately looking for another hit.

Another great thing about the book for those who are familiar with Roosh's other work is that you really get a window into the evolution of his game theories, from general insights to specific moves. If you've read Bang you'll no doubt be smiling with amusement when you read about how he faced a specific problem, learned what he could from it, and came up with a solution that eventually made it into his permanent repertoire. You also get a healthy dose of Roosh's trademark honesty. Some of the bangs are among the very earliest ones he got after starting to study game, and he doesn't hesitate to show you the flaws, struggles, and rookie mistakes that accompanied those early successes. From that perspective, the book is very uplifting because it shows you that anything is possible with the right combination of motivation, persistence, and continuous drive for improvement.

Bottom line, I'd highly recommend 30 Bangs for both the entertainment value and the opportunity to see game concepts put into context. The main danger if you read this book is that you'll wish there were more of it.
0 Bangs reviews
Damn still haven't gotten my copy yet, you guys must live close to the publisher.
0 Bangs reviews
Quote:Quote:

If I were to give one criticism of the book it's that some of the stories seemed a little too tightly-written.

I agree with this. A lot of this book was written from memory, sometimes years after the fact, so I didn't have enough detail to work with. If you read my recent bangs from Poland or Iceland, they have much more blow-by-blow detail.

OG: They got the ebook.
0 Bangs reviews
I've read the majority of Roosh's work, and 30 Bangs is probably my favorite book of his. Each chapter is a different bang, and the reading is quick and easy. In fact, on my second reading session I kept thinking to myself, "Ok, I'll just read one more..." before I knew it I had finished the book.

There's some great techniques on display here over a variety of approaches, that include both day and night game, as well as domestic (US) and international game. Every approach is very practical too, I could easily put myself in Roosh's shoes and see myself doing what he did to get each bang. Roosh's chronicled approaches also dispel a lot of the commonly believed PUA crap floating around. Such as a need to perform 'wizardy' IE - entertaining a big group, using a lot of 'negs' and the asinine three second rule. Instead Roosh shows how a lot of techniques, that are taught in his other books, are properly implemented in the field.

I only have two small gripes: One there was nothing from Europe, although I can understand that as Roosh is presently still releasing material on Europe; Second, the book wasn't longer. I was left wanting more, more stories, and more details on a few of the stories. I'm probably just being greedy.

The best part of all though, is 30 Bangs got me to reflect on a lot of the bangs I've had, both before and after discovering game. As well as, some of the bangs that got away, and what I might have done differently to get them.
0 Bangs reviews
you should put this on top with the other important threads. can't wait for the book to come out!
0 Bangs reviews
Thoroughly enjoyed it and it was an easy read. It really hit home as a relative beginner (less than 30 bangs myself). I liked how you could follow the progression through your confidence and skill in game. I could identify with the different stages you seemed to go through, each bang was like a new level on the game scale.

Some people might not see it as a "game guide" of sorts, but if one takes time to internalize what is happening besides an entertaining story one can learn all sorts of the keystone points of game such as: persistence is key, you need to keep changing and adapting to your surroundings etc, the importance of logistics, the predictability of women and what they say "I am not having sex with you" "I don't usually do this" and how you should have automatic responses to these kinds of statements. I also enjoyed how it promoted improving yourself and building on your strengths rather than mimicking some "PUA" or "game guru" you see online, and thus you achieved your goal as stated in the introduction.

I didn't see any glaring grammatical errors or typos, but it felt like the "Final Thoughts" section was a bit too short. I don't know exactly in what way, but it feels like an abrupt end to the work compared with the flow and length of the previous stories.
0 Bangs reviews
Finally got done reading "30 Bangs" (or what I would call The Chronicles of Roosh) and it was definitely a worthwhile read for students of game. If you were forced to explain to someone why this book was in your bookshelf it would be pretty hard to explain as hearing someone have sex with 30 different wouldn't seem so exciting on the surface. However this is definitely a guide on game as you will recognize the subtleties of the little dance that is going on with each interaction. There are a lot of humorous situations within the stories themselves but what is even more humorous is when you start to realize that the behavior and actions of the women are starting to resemble each other and become more predictable.

This is pretty much a case study on pick-up and the only thing to make this case study complete would be to know what the heck the women were thinking while they were getting gamed. I've always believed that it is important to have real world examples of how a player implements his game step by step and there is plenty of that in this book. I can't remember the times when I thought to myself "there is no way he is getting the bang" only to see victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

The only knock I would give on the book is that some stories had a lot less details than others. There were also some stories that were concluded right after the conquest was complete. In one particular interaction Roosh caught a girl going through his wallet after sex but he didn't really tell how he confronted her about it. But it’s important to note that the details pre-bang is where the scope of this book should be so I understand why little is said post bang.

I think "30 Bangs" is very a nice complement to "Bang" as it pretty much puts everything together.
0 Bangs reviews
Just downloaded the Kindle edition. Amazon review coming soon
0 Bangs reviews
Finished reading this. It was definitely a fun read, but might have benefited from some more depth about the interactions. But since you did it from memory, that's probably impossible at this point.

What I thought would be a great idea is a Part 2 of 30 Bangs that describes times where you completely bombed and didn't get the bang.
0 Bangs reviews
I'll write my review in a couple of days. I liked the book. A lot.
0 Bangs reviews
Book will be official released on Monday!
0 Bangs reviews
http://www.amazon.com/30-Bangs-Shaping-P...892&sr=1-1

I copy/pasted my review (with a few small edits) over at Amazon.
0 Bangs reviews
I bought the Kindle version.

In some ways I think 30 Bangs would make a great coffee table book, with one page having a picture of a girl and the other having the story of the bang. It's a fast read with Roosh's characteristic smoothly flowing prose and dry humor. As many have said, the stories lack a little depth, but that is because many of the bangs took place years ago. I actually took heart in some of Roosh's moves in getting girls from DC back to his place in Silver Spring.

The stories accurately highlight the book's preface, namely that 20% of the techniques give you 80% of the results (the so-called Pareto Principle). The techniques, if you can even call them that, are really just the fundamentals: approach, close with intent for the bang, and logistics to get her back to your place (or get into hers). Those (who like myself) are still developing their game style would do well to take these lessons to heart. Approach, close, and logistics is just like squat, bench press, and dead lift in weight training.

I think this book is a worthy addendum to Roosh's other books, such as Bang and Day Bang.
0 Bangs reviews
The most motivating part of 30 bangs was to see the evolution of Roosh's game as he branches out and bangs a greater and greater variety of women. Though I'm not sure if the bangs are all numbered in chronological order, you almost see, using roosh as an example, how your game will evolve the more approaches you conduct. That in and of itself is motivation to approach, aside obviously from the idea that you can bang such a variety of women starting from scratch like him. Although the book is short, I feel the omission of many details from each story was an important message to the reader. The book would have become repetitive if Roosh detailed every touch, conversational subject, and joke for every bang, since they are likely very similar. This should tell the reader that he/she should have a standardized game to run on all girls.
0 Bangs reviews
Yes the bangs are chronological, though not always sequential.

So bang 6 may have happened a couple bangs after number 5.
0 Bangs reviews
Quote: (03-23-2012 09:51 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Approach, close, and logistics is just like squat, bench press, and dead lift in weight training.

+1 just for that. Great insight.
0 Bangs reviews
I just finished the book this morning. I was fortunate to receive a copy from Roosh for feedback purposes.

I enjoyed the book not only for it's entertainment value, but also as it puts you inside the mind of a man who has clearly honed his game to an expert level. Its simplicity is its strength, with each chapter no longer than 4 or 5 pages starting with Roosh approaching and going through the pickup to get the bang.

A lot of game deniers don't understand what game is: it's a set of techniques and skills that one employs to help get laid. A couple of things that really stand out is that while Roosh does a few things differently, he sticks to a fairly simple plan that is motivated to a very definite goal: get the bang at all costs. Also, the book is a story of how Roosh got his game better. In the beginning, Roosh is kind of sloppy and makes frequent mistakes. Each notch teaches him new techniques and lines which, after they work, spring back up later in the book. By the end of the book, Roosh, while still making mistakes, is a machine who seduces in a conveyor belt like fashion.

From the opening line to the final bedroom seduction move, 30 Bangs documents how Roosh got the skill set he has today. A lot of novice game learners will be very excited to read this book as it may illuminate what you are doing wrong when your own seductions fall apart. There is almost always a moment of truth in the seduction when you have to make your move to overcome defeat. It was fun to read Roosh work overtime and go to extreme lengths to make sure the bang happened.

While Bang and Day Bang will teach you the skills and techniques of game, 30 Bangs is the compendium of entertaining and humorous short stories of Roosh learning and using them in the field. He does not try to teach you anything in 30 Bangs, as all his material is in Bang and Day Bang. Having read his prior game books, I recognized where some of the material originated. You can see that while Roosh uses to very crazy lines (The Train), he falls back on his time and battle tested lines, openers, and moves when he is serious about banging.

Overall, a very enjoyable read and a welcome edition to novice gamers who maybe have hit a wall and are looking for some material they can learn from. Sometimes it is good to read about other's struggles and successes to put you back into the right fame of mind.

Thanks for letting me get a copy, Roosh!
0 Bangs reviews
http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/03/2...-30-bangs/

Uncle Roosh was kind enough to hook me up with an advance copy of his latest ebook, “30 Bangs,” which is what it sounds like – a journal of 30 of his seductive experiences, written up as very short vignettes.

Up front: the book is very good, it’s definitely worth a few bucks and an hour of your reading time. I’m very good at learning from example by adapting it to my needs, so I found the book very educational. Good field reports are worth probably ten times that of an equal-length theoretical discussion.

It’s written in his trademark sparse and matter-of-fact style, an oeuvre enhanced by the disconnected, episodic nature of the stories.

Admittedly, it’s difficult to review the book without giving away too much of its magic (though you can guess the ending to each one) so I will focus on the big picture conclusions.

Among the notable points were the following:

1. The sheer volume of last-minute resistance of women who at the end of the night eagerly boffed the author boggled my mind. Getting around LMR is one of the hugely frustrating parts of dating, as it’s very difficult to tell if a given woman wants you to go around her token objections, if she’s stringing you along for beta-comfort with no intention, if she’s a tease who gets off (figuratively) on heating guys up and blue-balling them, or has simply lost interest in you just as you’re ramping up the escalation.

2. There’s an old piece of game wisdom that a woman who says something like “we’re not having sex” has sex on her mind and is trying to talk herself out of it. That certainly seemed to be the case in several of the stories, where a woman would tell Roosh “you can come up/sleep in my bed/take off your pants, but we’re not having sex” and not ten minutes later they’d be going at it like horny-assed rabbits.

3. There’s a thousand ways to skin a cat. Every story is different in its approach, isolation, and timespan. Guys who are consistently good at closing the deal have an improv streak in them that automatically adapts their game to various situations.

4. I’ve always taken it as a fundamental tenet to not sleep over until the notch had been scored, but on at least one occasion Roosh couldn’t go all the way, slept the night in the girl’s bed, and scored the next morning. I suppose if it’s at her place, there’s less danger of being beta-zoned or used as a cuddle buddy, and you’re not being played for the “sexless inkeeper” if you’re in her bed.
0 Bangs reviews
Well everything has already been said about 30 Bangs, but I will give my overview and opinion on it.

I was lucky enough to receive a pre-release copy, (with the original stick figure sex drawings), and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Basically it's a collection of short stories chronicaling Roosh's bangs. As a guy who has followed Roosh's blog, read ADBIP, Bang, and Day Bang, it was cool to read about Roosh's escapades and progression as a player.

As has been mentioned the book starts off in Roosh's early player days and you get to see some of his development, as well as what things were like for him in the D.C. area, as well as stories of bangs from Brazil, and Colombia.

There are bits of game that can be gleaned from the stories, but this is not a "game guide", as in the sense of Bang or Day Bang. I'd recommend purchasing all three books together, and reading them one after another. There are certain tactics, lines, and recurring approaches that Roosh executes, that a guy can apply to his game. Roosh boils a lot of it down to approaching, flirting, and logistics.

As always the writing flows very well, is easy to read, entertaining, and engaging. Roosh is able to sprinkle in his usual style and humor into the stories.

My main critique is that as people have already mentioned, some of the stories are really short, and could use more detail, and perhaps more insight and analysis or break down of how things worked out. I also feel that he could have written more during the "final thoughts" section at the end.

All in all, I think 30 Bangs is an entertaining book and is highly recommended to guys who appreciate Roosh's work or are into improving their game, or the game lifestyle.
0 Bangs reviews
The book is now out!

http://www.rooshv.com/30-bangs

Thanks to everyone for the reviews so far.