rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rolling solo

Rolling solo

Out tonight by myself in a new city. First time in a long time going solo. Ill report in the morning how I get on. Ha fuck it you only live once.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-02-2012 06:10 PM)Irishman Wrote:  

Ha fuck it you only live once.

Thats pretty much the attitude needed, always keep that.

Waiting for your report when you get back.

Rolling solo

Going out solo was probably a HUUUUGE confidence builder for me. You will get to a point, like I, where you just don't give a f*ck anymore.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:09 AM)RC Fresh Wrote:  

Going out solo was probably a HUUUUGE confidence builder for me. You will get to a point, like I, where you just don't give a f*ck anymore.

Ya man it is definitely a good way to build your game. Ive seen that if you can go out solo in a new city by yourself the level your game will be at when your on your own turf will be huge.

I will try break down a few things I noticed.

I remember when I first started game I would do some solo nights. Id get asked why I was out by myself, why I was alone in the club etc. Didn't get this once the other night. I am putting this down to dressing a lot better plus my body language and things like tonality and presence have gotten a lot better since I started. Goes to show that a lot of the reaction you get off people is the vibe you are putting out.

I usually don't smoke much but I brought out a packet since I planned on using smoking as a conversation lighter and reason to be outside in the smoking areas. Worked great. For health reasons I don't want to smoke that much but it is so handy to chat away to girls who smoke too and can be used to show off good body language.

I was switching between the smoking area and the dance floor for most of the night. Ask a girl who I am smoking with if she wants to dance and vice versa. Worked well.

Didn't end of pulling at the end of the night. Was having to much fun with too many different girls and didn't but enough work into one particular girl. Plus I had quite a few drinks by the end of the night so had lost that logistical edge you need to pull girls home that you have when your sober.

Cant wait to go out again. Even thinking about wearing the suit out next time and looking even more sharp.

Also used the 'you can get the first round' line that I seen on here somewhere and got a few girls to buy me drinks. Also means that girls come back up and reopen you later in the night still looking for that drink haha.

Are many people on here going out solo on a regular basis? I can see how doing it once or twice a week would lead to razor sharp game.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-04-2012 10:40 AM)Irishman Wrote:  

I remember when I first started game I would do some solo nights. Id get asked why I was out by myself, why I was alone in the club etc. Didn't get this once the other night. I am putting this down to dressing a lot better plus my body language and things like tonality and presence have gotten a lot better since I started. Goes to show that a lot of the reaction you get off people is the vibe you are putting out.

I usually don't smoke much but I brought out a packet since I planned on using smoking as a conversation lighter and reason to be outside in the smoking areas. Worked great. For health reasons I don't want to smoke that much but it is so handy to chat away to girls who smoke too and can be used to show off good body language.

I was switching between the smoking area and the dance floor for most of the night. Ask a girl who I am smoking with if she wants to dance and vice versa. Worked well.

Didn't end of pulling at the end of the night. Was having to much fun with too many different girls and didn't but enough work into one particular girl. Plus I had quite a few drinks by the end of the night so had lost that logistical edge you need to pull girls home that you have when your sober.

Cant wait to go out again. Even thinking about wearing the suit out next time and looking even more sharp.

Also used the 'you can get the first round' line that I seen on here somewhere and got a few girls to buy me drinks. Also means that girls come back up and reopen you later in the night still looking for that drink haha.

Are many people on here going out solo on a regular basis? I can see how doing it once or twice a week would lead to razor sharp game.

Yeah, there are a ton of thread on here about going out solo. Search under "solo" or "dolo".

Dressing sharp and cigarettes are the way to go.

I have been writing on this for ages. In fact, I believe I busted the first Data Sheet on the subject on the Internet.

The negatives on your health from cigarettes is far overblown propaganda from Big Pharma.

All the best athletes in history smoked: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/06/gre...e-one.html

Carlos Monzon, arguably the greatest middleweight champion of all time smoked 100 cigarettes per day: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/10/car...ayboy.html

Read this about smoking propaganda; http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/12/new...s-you.html

The two oldest humans in history were smokers.

Smoking prevents Parkinsons.

If you look at all the evidence, they should actually make "not-smoking" illegal.

Quote:Quote:

Are many people on here going out solo on a regular basis?

I have gone out solo between 90-99% of the time over the last 7 years.

So I would say yes.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-04-2012 10:55 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-04-2012 10:40 AM)Irishman Wrote:  

Yeah, there are a ton of thread on here about going out solo. Search under "solo" or "dolo".

I have been writing on this for ages. In fact, I believe I busted the first Data Sheet on the subject on the Internet.

The negatives on your health from cigarettes is far overblown propaganda from Big Pharma.

All the best athletes in history smoked: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/06/gre...e-one.html

Carlos Monzon, arguably the greatest middleweight champion of all time smoked 100 cigarettes per day: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/10/car...ayboy.html

Read this about smoking propaganda; http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/12/new...s-you.html

If you look at all the evidence, they should actually make "not-smoking" illegal.

So I would say yes.

Nice info.

Couple of questions on the smokes-

Are you using regular cigarettes or ones you roll yourself?

What type of cigarettes do you use?

Do you have a custom lighter/ case or anything to carry them?

Any particular game moves revolved around the act of smoking itself.

I have been using the rollies, kinda like the act of busting out your little pack in the club and have the girl watching as your make it up. Has been working well, them asking questions about it and you can even show them how to do it.

Busting the custom suit and having the smoke in one hand and a good drink nearby is where its at. Doesn't really go out of style.

Rolling solo

G, another nugget for your pro-smoking arsenal: apparently during the big SARS epidemic in Toronto back in 03', none of the victims who contacted the virus were smokers, smoking actually helped prevent smokers from getting it!

Rolling solo

Dude try going SOLO here in Toronto, if you survive that, you're a god among men
I guess that means i am god among men haha [Image: tongue.gif]

What city are you solo-ing?

I'm a smoker, for 3 years now, and over a beer, its heaven.

I dont know about you, but with a cigarette and a beer outside on a smoking patio i vacuum numbers and kiss-closes!

Rolling solo

Rolling solo has advantages and disadvantages.I would describe the main problem when you roll out with wingmen as lack of coordination.Someone has always to rule over the interaction and dudes resist when you try to give them directions on pussy issues.For example the one will say no way she is out of my league the other will say no she will not be responsive the other will say no I do not like her the other will want to drink or to sleep or to shit or will dance or will do peculiar things or he will try to do social game in the club anyway the mess it can be created by 3-4 guys is enormous.

On the other hand you have relative social proof,excuse as to why you are in the club and can keep enemy dudes away.

When I first started pick up in Greek clubs we were as a team of 3-4 dudes and they all told me I was amazing at opening I had natural talent.So they pushed me to open hundreds of girls.In this way I became very experienced of the possible reactions.However I did not know anything about closing and another guy undertook the procedure after the opening.In this way I learned the hard way the isolation,closing I mostly had no idea what to do after opening and proceeding to conversation but I learned from watching the other guys.Then I read some stuff like Mystery and realized that I used some similar techniques like negging(I used heavy negging like you are ugly).These books helped me with issues as isolation and closing to get a goal.

From that time I opened more and more alone.I introduced several girls to friends who they fucked but their gratitude was less than dismal.They always tried to scam me by introducing to me ugly girls etc.Except one who was decent the others proved just sly ones who wanted to take advantage.A classic thing is that when a guy gets a girlfriend he spends all time with her forgetting about you and refusing to go to clubs to pick up anymore unless his girlfriend lets him alone.With this and other stuff I appreciated the simplicit of going solo and not having to explain and give directions to the other guys.The whole interaction is also more straightforward.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-04-2012 03:17 PM)Perseus Wrote:  

Dude try going SOLO here in Toronto, if you survive that, you're a god among men
I guess that means i am god among men haha [Image: tongue.gif]

What city are you solo-ing?

I'm a smoker, for 3 years now, and over a beer, its heaven.

I dont know about you, but with a cigarette and a beer outside on a smoking patio i vacuum numbers and kiss-closes!

Im out in Cork, Ireland. Putting in my solo practice for when I move to Alberta next month. Cant wait to hit the plubs and clubs in Canada. So much easier when your a tourist rolling solo. Can seem a bit wierd on your home turf sometimes but thats whats going to improve my game so whatever.

Rolling solo

I wrote up a thread on how I had to push myself going solo and almost shit my pants the first few times. Now it's nothing. Good luck man!

By the way, how are those Irish girls? I like that pale skin on girls..

Rolling solo

So I would say yes.
[/quote]

Im surprised with your high percentage in terms of going out solo in the last 7 years.

Do you mind if you say what is the reason behind this? Is it that you dont have a bunch of guys on your level to roll with? Do you find it easier to pull when you are rolling alone? Do you enjoy more partying when rolling solo because you are in full control?

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-05-2012 04:59 PM)pitt Wrote:  

So I would say yes.

Im surprised with your high percentage in terms of going out solo in the last 7 years.

Do you mind if you say what is the reason behind this? Is it that you dont have a bunch of guys on your level to roll with? Do you find it easier to pull when you are rolling alone? Do you enjoy more partying when rolling solo because you are in full control?

I enjoy it more.

Benefits: Going for Dolo http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/08/goi...-dolo.html

I can't wait on people.

I do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Plus, I am solo while traveling.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-05-2012 04:35 PM)houston Wrote:  

I wrote up a thread on how I had to push myself going solo and almost shit my pants the first few times. Now it's nothing. Good luck man!

By the way, how are those Irish girls? I like that pale skin on girls..

The Datasheet Houston did about it is a pretty remarkable one. Read it.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-04-2012 12:02 PM)Irishman Wrote:  

Nice info.

Couple of questions on the smokes-

Are you using regular cigarettes or ones you roll yourself?

What type of cigarettes do you use?

Do you have a custom lighter/ case or anything to carry them?

Any particular game moves revolved around the act of smoking itself.

1. Regular
2. Parliments. Marlboro Reds when I was younger
3. Undefeated Zippo Lighters http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/11/und...hters.html

4. As far as moves, I have written volumes on the subject on my site and here. Search around and I will help.

Here is one for starters:

A Classic: Double Cigarette Light Move http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/08/a-c...-move.html

That move alone will get you more girls than reading Mystery Method 50 times.

Another: Dallas Winston: Strike Anywhere Match Move http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/08/dal...-move.html

Rolling solo

Yeah Rolling solo is tough. It's like doing a public speech. you feel like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'is this guy by himself?'

you need to get rid of that thinking first. People don't pay attention to other people. there are solo guys like you too.

I think the hardest part is taking a break between the sets. If I have just one friend, I can always go back to him and just fuck around till I find the target. When I don't have that friend, I feel like I can't stand by myself looking at the TV monitor like a loser. So I usually go to the patio or restroom to escape from the crowd and come back with better state.

Rolling solo

With this info about smoke and beer game rolling solo makes me want to drink and smoke again, definitely it's a little harder pulling girls rolling solo just drinking water.

During the last weekends I'm just collecting digits to convert from monday to thursday with zero date bangs.

Rolling solo

Delete

Rolling solo

Rolling solo is a different experience, but I've had a lot of fun with it (particularly at night). Sexy dances, makeouts, bangs - all that good stuff. It will build your confidence and skill set (especially defusing sets and cockblocks).

Rolling solo

[quote] (03-04-2012 10:55 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

[quote='Irishman' pid='171492' dateline='1330875622']

Are many people on here going out solo on a regular basis? I can see how doing it once or twice a week would lead to razor sharp game.[/quote]

[quote]

So I see this post is from 2012 and I imagine that nobody here actually believe this post from above, but just to be sure... Smoking increases your risk of almost every disease out there. There are a very few exceptions where it has a protective benefit, but those are very specific diseases that are much rarer than what smoking increases your risk for... heart disease, strokes, blood clots, certain cancers... And it is the main CAUSE of lung cancer and COPD. I am a physician, I see it everyday.

Rolling solo

But back to the main point in the thread. Rolling solo can be a lot of fun and an eye opening experience. You initially are out of your comfort zone and don't have the crutch of friends to fall back on. It can dramatically improve your social skills and game

Rolling solo

In my opinion rolling solo is the best. Most other dudes are full of bullshit and will only hold you back. When you are alone the whole world is in your hands. Absolute freedom to be only your authentic self and no excuses to fall back on.

I went out one time with a guy I used to know from back in the day. I remembered he was cool and a lot of fun to drink with. Before we go out he was all talk about getting girls and dancing etc.. When we finally get there its all bullshit, negativity, and excuses. Cutting into my sets and talking dumb shit ruining the vibe. Not contributing positivity. Following me around the club like he was my fucking girlfriend. Never again..

I like when you show up at a place where there might be some other guy or guy(s) you might be cool with but you aren't necessarily there together. You do your thing and your buddy does his. Occasionally meet up throughout the night for laughs, shoot the shit, or help wing a girl.

Also its easier to get into a club if you are cool looking mysterious guy alone dressed fly with a positive fun vibe. 2 guys is harder. 3 or more wolf pack of dudes without any women? Good luck with that..

Then again I've never had a great wingman so I'm probably missing out.

Rolling solo

Quote: (03-04-2012 10:40 AM)Atlantic Wrote:  

Could not agree more, if I go out at night this is where I spend my time, the loud energy/music environment is not optimum for verbal game

“It is impossible to overlook the extent to which civilization is built up upon a renunciation of instinct....” - Sigmund Freud

“You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.” - David Foster Wallace

Rolling solo

I prefer going at it with a "lone wolf" approach. It's just easier. You don't have to worry about your so-called "wingman" saying anything stupid to fuck it up. If you fuck it up by saying something stupid, you live and learn, so there's still value in the experience. It's harder to tolerate someone else costing you a potential bang when your game was tight.

Rolling solo

I go out alone about two out of every three times, and I LOVE the nightlife in general. Major cities are great for going out solo as there are bars and clubs on every corner. Due to the convenience and the large amounts of tourists, odds are great for a finding a girl out with just one or two friends, or even alone. Extraction is relatively easy. But outside of the city, the dynamic changes considerably.

Clique-iness is extreme. Girls tend to go out in massive bachelorette party-sized groups. Alot of times, it is a mixed group, and the dudes are dedicated to fucking the girls they know they will be leaving with. Since they are literally dedicating their entire night to this group of girls, they are very, very protective. The odds are not in my favor. Despite my amazing logistics for the summer, I have been getting completely ripped to shreds when spitting the same game that worked for me great in NYC/Brooklyn. It's not fun. I live on the beach - even during the day, it's very rare to find a cute girl walking around without two or three friends. What's a lone wolf to do?

Drunkfood game

Meeting girls on the sidewalk or while grabbing a slice of pizza has always been my go to move in the city. Outside the city, I think it's my only move when solo. I literally don't plan on stepping foot inside another drinking establishment this whole summer unless I'm there to enjoy a night with my friends or if I'm with girls I picked up on the street.

Why street/drunkfood game?

1. Girls will branch off from their mixed group to stuff their faces: When a girl needs to pee, she usually brings one friend with her. When a girl wants to shame eat a slice of pepperoni pizza, she does the same thing. It is way more common to see a group of two or three girls getting drunk food than it is to see a group of five+ (unless they are all fat and have given up on life). I'm assuming its because girls are so judgmental to each other. The hotter the girls, the bigger the deal late drunk eating is. The healthier her diet is, the more she enjoys this cheat meal. Win.

2. You can approach in high volume until you get a hook: These places are crowded, girls are in and out all night, and the workers are too swamped with orders to give a shit about what you are doing. If the girl/girls don't like you, there will be another set just like it within 5-10 minutes.

3. It's way, way easier to bounce her somewhere: Most people in huge mixed groups, male or female, will stay at the bar until their group collectively wants to leave - even if they personally wanted to leave an hour ago (or they might feel forced to leave even if they want to stay). At the pizza spot, the whole experience lasts about 20 minutes, and then its time to make moves. On the street, many small groups of girls are wandering around, trying to decide what they should do next. Approach, make them laugh, get them a little comfortable, then say "so what are you guys up to now?" Bounce them to your place, a quieter bar, or as a last resort just tag along and let them lead. Fuck wasting 3+ hours of your life in an obnoxious bar alone where nobody seems to like you. This is a ruthlessly effectively way to cut the shit and get what you came for.

Check out these guys scoop two girls directly off a casino elevator straight to the car at around 7:45. Simplest approach in the world, followed with some basic flirting and a "What are you doing? Come with us." This is more or less what I like to do.

4. It's fucking cheap. Drink a couple beers beforehand if you feel like it and hit the street. Maybe get a $4 slice or two if you're hungry. Or spend a shit ton at the bar to hit on the same girls in a situation when they have no intentions to leave with you. Hmm...

5. Girls tend to be in a good mood and more open: Ever see a drunk girl look really pissed when she's about to take her first bite of pizza? Me either.

The crazy thing is that this would be even MORE effective and with a cool, like-minded wing.