rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami for a month?

Miami for a month?

For late march or april for a month.. any ideas where to search besides craigslist?

*No car.. need to be able to walk/bike
*Simple furnished studio or 1 bdrm preferred.
*Budget 800-1300u$d (Doable..?)

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 07:55 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Budget for accommodations?

Or budget for everything?

Either way, I think it will be a tough one.

Miami for a month?

For late march or april for a month.. any ideas where to search besides craigslist?

Miami in late March during Spring Break, Ultra Fest, Winter Music conference, and Canadian tourist season? [Image: lol.gif] (sorry)

You'll have to rely on parts far, far away from the beach, and a CAR IS 100% A MUST-HAVE.

I don't see it happening for less than 2500USD month during March/April, Unless you:

a) Couchsurf
b) Have a local buddy willing to drive you around everywhere
c) Do not plan on spending money on women at all.

Mixx

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:06 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Miami in late March during Spring Break, Ultra Fest, Winter Music conference, and Canadian tourist season? [Image: lol.gif] (sorry)

You'll have to rely on parts far, far away from the beach, and a CAR IS 100% A MUST-HAVE.

Mixx

Too bad
Thanks for the info

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:07 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Mixx

Too bad
Thanks for the info
No car? Try Key west. My data here
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5432.h...t=key+west

*If you find a place and it seems like you moved there the local girls will fuck you into next year.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:14 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Mixx

Too bad
Thanks for the info

*If you find a place and it seems like you moved there the local girls will fuck you into next year.

Why not Tampa?

El Mech showed us the drink prices are mad cheap.

Hell, you could probably get far on the 800-1300u$d budget.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:14 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Mixx

Too bad
Thanks for the info

Why not Tampa?

El Mech showed us the drink prices are mad cheap.

Hell, you could probably get far on the 800-1300u$d budget.
You need a car here unless you are a guest bartender/owner

Seriously the main complaint of all the hotties that work in the Keys is the lack of local male talent that live there. If the girls think you live there you will be in high demand. A week should set the pace.

I know this for a fact.

Miami for a month?

A few years ago I spent a week in Miami and spent around $2500. Granted, I took sand to the beach but I likely would have spent more if she wasn't along.

Stayed at a hotel on the beach, which I don't recall the name of, and rented a car as walking was not an option where we were. Let alone getting to/from the airport as we were on the north end of Miami IIRC. Definitely not South Beach.

Mech has me interested in Key West now... Might be a hot place to pick up and move too without having to leave the country.

Miami for a month?

The Keys .. interest idea, hadn't thought of that.. thanks...
As far as budget.. that was for rent only.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:25 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You need a car in Clearwater?

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:35 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:25 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You need a car in Clearwater?
No and yes. If you stay on the beaches and trolly/ longboard/bike then no.

If you want to roll everyplace else then yes..Tampa, St. Pete etc. Key west is Clearwater on crack. Way more traffic. Cruise ships daily etc.

**Clearwater and St.Pete beaches are islands that you have to go over a bridge to get to. Mainland Clearwater and St. Pete are a completely different animal.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 08:32 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

A few years ago I spent a week in Miami and spent around $2500. Granted, I took sand to the beach but I likely would have spent more if she wasn't along.

Stayed at a hotel on the beach, which I don't recall the name of, and rented a car as walking was not an option where we were. Let alone getting to/from the airport as we were on the north end of Miami IIRC. Definitely not South Beach.

Mech has me interested in Key West now... Might be a hot place to pick up and move too without having to leave the country.
Never think of moving there the parrotheads will drive you to the grave. A month tops. Key Largo is the place to live longer than that.

If you don't love boats and watersports you will be miserable there.

If you guys have interest I can break this down detailed. On the Cheap!!

Miami for a month?

I can't swim but I like boats. Kinda fucked up, eh?

I might be making the Keys out to be paradise on earth in my mind, but it seems living there would be a permanent vacation.

Would like to think so anyway...

Miami for a month?

CEO, you could pull that off in Miami for about $2K (on south beach)... no car needed. My little brother used to live in Brickell with NO car, and would use public transport to be at South Beach, Key Biscayne, Coral Gables, easily on any given day.

There will be a plethora of hunny bunnies all over making your time down here worthwhile. Can you stack the extra cash and make it happen? Good luck bud.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 09:13 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

CEO, you could pull that off in Miami for about $2K (on south beach)

Total budget?

Or just Accommodations?

Where would you stay for 2k for a month on South Beach?

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 09:09 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

I can't swim but I like boats. Kinda fucked up, eh?

I might be making the Keys out to be paradise on earth in my mind, but it seems living there would be a permanent vacation.

Would like to think so anyway...
You may think so but...There's a reason why people live mainland FLA ..

They are tiny! Like know the whole island in 20 minutes kinda tiny. Then you get with the locals. Besides the fuckable girls they will drive you crazy over why they moved one plant in the bar and it used to be over there kinda shit and you don't know cause they been there two months longer than you.

You better be a world class drinker! If WM shut them down for one day the entire chain of islands would be littered with empty bottles. I'm talking about 100 proof breakfasts.

Don't worry about drowning and swimming. You have to go a quarter mile offshore to get past waist deep water and it's also high salinity. you float and drink. That's it.

You could also mix day game with some hustle handing out fliers or some shit in the Keys to make drinking money.

Miami for a month?

Try fort lauderdale or west palm beach. They have a decent bus system, so you don't need a car. You can take tri rail between all 3 cities.

Miami for a month?

Drinking is one thing I am very good at! Saying that, it would probably be a better place to visit, often, as it would be difficult to run a biz while permanently under the influence.

To not take this further off course I may ask some questions in the pussyfest bar thread.

Miami for a month?

In Jan/Feb 2008 I subletted a little studio place around 8th and Collins for 1400 for a month. No car, and didnt need one. If you stay in SoBe you really dont need a car. Anything north of that and you probably will. I'd say that you can probably still rent a place for around that much, but as Mixx said thats a big touristy period and landlords may want to not lock their places up for a month and instead capitalize on each individual event. I found my place on Craigslist under sublets.

Miami for a month?

Not fun and too much nonsense for a month when the comp has rides.
Nobody needs a car in the keys. Playing field leveled.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 10:19 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

not really. if you stay in SoBe you never need a car. they're more hassle then they're worth down there.

Miami for a month?

OP, check the UM off-campus housing website.

Some will prefer a UM student, but not everyone cares.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 10:22 PM)Brian Wrote:  

not really. if you stay in SoBe you never need a car. they're more hassle then they're worth down there.

Agree 100% with Brian.

Quote:Quote:

In Jan/Feb 2008 I subletted a little studio place around 8th and Collins for 1400 for a month.

That surprises me.

Miami for a month?

Brian please.

Miami for a month?

Quote: (02-29-2012 10:22 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Then after 2 weeks in SoBe, you'll want to hang yourself or go on a killing spree. I can only take so much of SoBe before I go Columbine and postal....combined! Besides, SoBe is fucking ghetto nowadays, I don't know why anyone would want to intentionally stay there, unless you are staying at one of the trendy 5 star hotel resorts.

Mixx