rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pickup and Kickboxing

Pickup and Kickboxing

So I'm taking kickboxing classes at the local academy and while the population of girls seems sparse at times, I'm pretty sure I'll find one worth chasing. It's an aerobic fitness type class and most of the girls are college aged.

I hate to ask really vague questions but how would I go about picking up girls from my kickboxing class?

Have never done pickup using day game (or totally sober, actually), and just wondering if anyone had some quick tips or a story.

Pickup and Kickboxing

Gym game thread

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8929.html

Me personally, I'm not going out of my way in the gym. Im in a gym I'm there for one reason, to workout so that when I AM out hunting I'm that much more on point. If there aren't any girls there now, I"d say put your head in the workout and put an extra 10% in and be that much more badass next time you hit the club, dive bar, or wherever.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Pickup and Kickboxing

Quote: (02-21-2012 03:13 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Gym game thread

That thread has some general info about "gym game".

But, kickboxing class is a slightly different animal. Kickboxing class is like yoga class. There is not much opportunity to chat and flirt during class. The teacher usually barks commands the whole time and you are too busy throwing punches and kicks to talk to any of the girls. Its just like yoga when you are doing all those poses for an hour straight and you are exhausted. You have to talk to them before and after class.

The same rules that apply to yoga game apply to kickboxing class game..

1) Look good! Dress sharp, keep a fresh hair cut, wear clean shoes. At least, have a look that sets you apart from the pack a little bit!

2) Open before class! Every beta pussy will wait til after class. BE THE GUY WHO BREAKS THE ICE BEFORE CLASS!!! DON'T JUST STAND AROUND QUIETLY, CHIT CHAT IN THE LOBBY BEFOREHAND. This will allow you to joke and tease during class. Get that ice broken early!

3) Be different. Kick boxing is an extreme sport. Girls want to feel some of that "extreme" attitude. They know going into this class that they might meet some guys who are a little different from the typical beta dorks who they normally see at their health club. If they are attending a kickboxing or boxing class, they want something different! Dont be afraid to stand out.

Show your tattoos, show your muscles, wear a wife-beater, wear a bandanna, go crazy! Its a class on fucking hand to hand combat! Release your inner alpha animal. If girls are coming into a boxing gym, they are looking for something different, give it to them.

Here is a good yoga thread with some related advice.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3957-page-4.html

Pickup and Kickboxing

Ah my bad, I've never done instructed training like that

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Pickup and Kickboxing

Quote: (02-20-2012 10:12 PM)Hades Wrote:  

So I'm taking kickboxing classes at the local academy and while the population of girls seems sparse at times, I'm pretty sure I'll find one worth chasing. It's an aerobic fitness type class and most of the girls are college aged.

I hate to ask really vague questions but how would I go about picking up girls from my kickboxing class?

Have never done pickup using day game (or totally sober, actually), and just wondering if anyone had some quick tips or a story.

Let the girls chase you.

Pickup and Kickboxing

I don't think it's that much of a departure from Roosh's gym routine. I am currently "getting to know" a girl at my MMA gym. It's ironic that with a clientele of almost ALL dudes (who are training to FIGHT ffs), most of them are afraid to go up and talk to the few women that show up. The first time you see them is the best time to approach b/c you are already equipped with an opener "Are you new here?" or "Are you doing the trial membership?" If they didn't come with a friend, they are usually already pretty hungry for someone to chat with when they come to the gym so they don't look alone.

I've had success by just placing myself in proximity to her during the class. If you're working the heavy bag next to her and you have a little bit of rapport already, you can always offer feedback on technique (in a non douchey kind of way -- I always try to play down my talent). Usually between rounds you can make jokes or chit chat. If your class stretches at the end, that's also a good opportunity to have some casual conversation. The only thing I would caution against is looking like you're trying too hard. You don't ever want her to think that she's taking up more of your attention than the instruction.

I advocate pacing yourself ala Roosh's gym guidance b/c you're going to be seeing each other all the time, but it's on you ultimately -- if you're getting really good feedback, there's no reason to hesitate. You have a lot of interesting things to talk about just by her being there.

Hopefully at least some of that is helpful to you. Goodluck.

Pickup and Kickboxing

I've been with a girl that was a kickboxer and I've also met all the people from their class. My impression was that they were all very friendly and approachable. So just talk to her before or after class, and attend any socializing the class is having, e.g. going to a bar after workout or a tournament.

There's absolutely nothing different than with any other pickup. It's even easier, you can ask her to spar with you or offer to help with her sparring, and so forth.

And I disagree with the "be extreme" type of advice. At least in my case she was with me, and I'm a very calm, relaxed guy. She was always under tension. Yet it worked out very well.

Pickup and Kickboxing

Thanks considerably for the advice guys. Haven't made it to KB for a few days because of an injury but this week is promising.
I'll mostly roll with muc's advice on being chill since I have trouble getting riled up with sports. Never thought that being tense and pissed off was much of an advantage anywhere, particularly sports. I'm usually a very relaxed dude. I have found that some chicks find my laid-back attitude attractive and see no reason to change.

Quote: (02-24-2012 09:09 PM)HawkUnit Wrote:  

I don't think it's that much of a departure from Roosh's gym routine. I am currently "getting to know" a girl at my MMA gym. It's ironic that with a clientele of almost ALL dudes (who are training to FIGHT ffs), most of them are afraid to go up and talk to the few women that show up. The first time you see them is the best time to approach b/c you are already equipped with an opener "Are you new here?" or "Are you doing the trial membership?" If they didn't come with a friend, they are usually already pretty hungry for someone to chat with when they come to the gym so they don't look alone.

I've had success by just placing myself in proximity to her during the class. If you're working the heavy bag next to her and you have a little bit of rapport already, you can always offer feedback on technique (in a non douchey kind of way -- I always try to play down my talent). Usually between rounds you can make jokes or chit chat. If your class stretches at the end, that's also a good opportunity to have some casual conversation. The only thing I would caution against is looking like you're trying too hard. You don't ever want her to think that she's taking up more of your attention than the instruction.

I advocate pacing yourself ala Roosh's gym guidance b/c you're going to be seeing each other all the time, but it's on you ultimately -- if you're getting really good feedback, there's no reason to hesitate. You have a lot of interesting things to talk about just by her being there.

I have met and opened one chick in class last week and though I give her little attention she seems pretty interested. I do focus in class and try pretty hard to do well. Never had to deal with these logistics before (going slow with female classmates) because I strongly prefer random pickups, so my approach can be really intense and the payoff quicker.

Also noticed that the dudes really segregate from the women in class. There were like 3 girls last Thursday and maybe ten dudes, but I was "the man" since I walked up and talked to them.

Quote: (02-23-2012 04:20 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2012 03:13 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Gym game thread

That thread has some general info about "gym game".

But, kickboxing class is a slightly different animal. Kickboxing class is like yoga class. There is not much opportunity to chat and flirt during class. The teacher usually barks commands the whole time and you are too busy throwing punches and kicks to talk to any of the girls. Its just like yoga when you are doing all those poses for an hour straight and you are exhausted. You have to talk to them before and after class.

The same rules that apply to yoga game apply to kickboxing class game..

1) Look good! Dress sharp, keep a fresh hair cut, wear clean shoes. At least, have a look that sets you apart from the pack a little bit!

2) Open before class! Every beta pussy will wait til after class. BE THE GUY WHO BREAKS THE ICE BEFORE CLASS!!! DON'T JUST STAND AROUND QUIETLY, CHIT CHAT IN THE LOBBY BEFOREHAND. This will allow you to joke and tease during class. Get that ice broken early!

3) Be different. Kick boxing is an extreme sport. Girls want to feel some of that "extreme" attitude. They know going into this class that they might meet some guys who are a little different from the typical beta dorks who they normally see at their health club. If they are attending a kickboxing or boxing class, they want something different! Dont be afraid to stand out.

Show your tattoos, show your muscles, wear a wife-beater, wear a bandanna, go crazy! Its a class on fucking hand to hand combat! Release your inner alpha animal. If girls are coming into a boxing gym, they are looking for something different, give it to them.

Here is a good yoga thread with some related advice.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3957-page-4.html

I think I'll roll with "cool guy" game and not be hella extreme. I already attract a lot of attention because I'm really strong for my build and have a ponytail.

Thanks for advice on opening before class though. I'll have to work it into my gym/classroom game. Nothing gets the adrenaline rolling like taking risks.