rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Friedrich Nietzsche Dishes Out Serious Wisdom on Life and Game

“Everything in woman is a riddle, and everything in woman has one solution—that is pregnancy. Man is for woman a means: the purpose is always the child. But what is woman for man?
... A real man wants two things: danger and play. Therefore he wants woman as the most dangerous plaything. Man shall be educated for war, and woman for the recreation of the warrior: all else is folly...
The happiness of man is: I will. The happiness of woman is: he wills. ‘Behold, just now the world became perfect!’—thus thinks every woman when she obeys out of entire love. And women must obey and find a depth for her surface. Surface is the disposition of woman: a mobile, stormy film over shallow water. Man’s disposition, however, is deep; his river roars in subterranean caves: woman feels his strength but does not comprehend it."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

I wonder if girls who haven't read this are still going to be quoting Nietzche in facebook after they do.

Quote: (02-18-2012 01:02 PM)TudoBem Wrote:  

“Everything in woman is a riddle, and everything in woman has one solution—that is pregnancy. Man is for woman a means: the purpose is always the child. But what is woman for man?
... A real man wants two things: danger and play. Therefore he wants woman as the most dangerous plaything. Man shall be educated for war, and woman for the recreation of the warrior: all else is folly...
The happiness of man is: I will. The happiness of woman is: he wills. ‘Behold, just now the world became perfect!’—thus thinks every woman when she obeys out of entire love. And women must obey and find a depth for her surface. Surface is the disposition of woman: a mobile, stormy film over shallow water. Man’s disposition, however, is deep; his river roars in subterranean caves: woman feels his strength but does not comprehend it."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

'When thou goest to woman, take thy whip'.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Nietzsche is the ultimate story of a guy trying to overcome his one-itis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Andreas-Salom%C3%A9

I can see the women haters all over this. However, their subconscious mind would be geared towards this.

Quote: (02-18-2012 01:30 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

touché.

Funny, as insightful as Nietzsche was, he was a ressentful chump himself.

Get what you can from him, but don't take his life as an example.

Nietzsche's philosophy is amazing in many ways, but if you read on his life, you can tell he couldn't match his own ideas.

For me, Nietzsche was the ultimate omega philosopher, a lonely man, raised by women, presumably only once had sex in his life (and with a prostitute, also there is some speculation that he got syphilis from this), poor health, serious one-itis with Lou Andreas Salome.

He also was insanely smart. For me, he is one of the persons that know more about what it really means to be human, he has serious insights about what is psychologically "behind" christianism, what drives human beings, the origins of morality and the way that it shapes our behaviour. And as you put, he was clearly an advocate of natural roles of men and women, if i remember correctly in one of his books he predicted the raise of movements of feminism and mocks from them. His philosophy was necessary for him, to try to overcome his condition (and try to become an alpha?).

Quote: (02-18-2012 02:33 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Nietzsche's philosophy is amazing in many ways, but if you read on his life, you can tell he couldn't match his own ideas.

He created enduring works of geniuses while suffering from crippling migraines, poor eye sight, and many other health problems.

When guys hate on Nietzsche, I'm always curious: What have they accomplished lately?

Quote: (02-18-2012 03:55 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

He created enduring works of geniuses while suffering from crippling migraines, poor eye sight, and many other health problems.

When guys hate on Nietzsche, I'm always curious: What have they accomplished lately?

I was lucky enough to encounter Nietzsche when I was 18 or so, and reading his books had a deep impact on me, yet that was around the same time I learned about his life and realized one can either lead a life of deep reflection or one can lead an active life where one tries to stay in the moment. I've taken a path down the middle of that road, but I'm still very glad to have encountered Nietzsche when I did, because it had such an important role in how things developed.

What I meant by bringing up his one-itis is that one can learn from both his thoughts and his life.

You guys might also like Schopenhauer

It's a shame we can't be as open about our thoughts on women these days, because it would make for some great open/public conversations.

Where do you read any hate on my post?

I just think that the big N wasn't able to come to terms with his own ideas.

For someone who wrote on "self-overcoming", getting past resentfulness, affirmation, creativity and chaos, and seeing the image of a guy who spent most of his time by himself without much evidence of a "joyful life" of any kind, ruminating failed past relationships and what nots...

doesn't match.

And that is my point.

He himself was no Ubermensch, das ist alles!

Quote: (02-18-2012 04:24 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

For someone who wrote on "self-overcoming", getting past resentfulness, affirmation, creativity and chaos, and seeing the image of a guy who spent most of his time by himself without much evidence of a "joyful life" of any kind, ruminating failed past relationships and what nots...

doesn't match.

And that is my point.

100 years after his death, people are discussing his works. If civilization survives, people will be in 1000 years.

He wrote these works while dealing with health problems that would leave 99.999% of guys on pain meds, staying home and watching TV and playing video games.

But he's not an overman because ....?

Quote: (02-18-2012 04:34 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2012 04:24 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

doesn't match.

And that is my point.

100 years after his death, people are discussing his works. If civilization survives, people will be in 1000 years.

He wrote these works while dealing with health problems that would leave 99.999% of guys on pain meds, staying home and watching TV and playing video games.

But he's not an overman because ....?

Exactly.

Immanuel Kant - widely reported to be a virgin - wrote a series of works that rival Aristotle and Plato in terms of thought and breadth.

Virtually all modern ideas today regarding science and ethics come from Kant. Einstein had finished reading Kant by the time he was 20. Kant is a legend, and yet no one except for philosophers know about him.

He'll never die until the human race dies. But he never married and was never in a relationship with any women. People believe he died a virgin.

What would you guys choose? Immortality, or man-whoring?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (02-19-2012 12:42 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

The notion of immortality is great, Caesar gets talked about to great lengths in almost 2000 years after his death.

However, I'd rather enjoy all of life's pleasures and to the full for as long as I live. I don't really care what people say about me after I'm dead, as because that's just it, I'm dead.

So I'll choose man-whoring.

However, someone like me wouldn't me wouldn't be able to benefit from the wisdom of Nietzsche if it's wasn't for people like him. Therefore I salute him.

Quote: (02-18-2012 01:39 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

I can see the women haters all over this. However, their subconscious mind would be geared towards this.

What is that supposed to mean? Are you some kind of beta apologist?

Knowing what you want (pussy), and knowing how to get it on your own terms (without putting up with bullshit emotional games), does not mean you hate women.

I am well aware of my physical and emotional needs and how to satisfy them.

I use women purely to satisfy one of my physical needs. Nothing more or less, and it certainly doesn't mean I hate them.

Quote: (02-18-2012 01:30 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

touché.

Funny, as insightful as Nietzsche was, he was a ressentful chump himself.

I think you are being a little bit harsh on the man. I am well informed about the circumstances of his own life and the personal and physical struggles that seeped into his writing and philosophy.
Whatever those circumstances were though, they in no way take away from the truth that he observed.
He made piercing insights into power structures and human nature.
Pretty cool for something like that to be possible only a few hundred thousand years after we were all apes.

Kant priori/apriori...with regards to synthetic knowledge. "Critique of Pure Reason" rules. Kant subsumes Hegel.
Schopenhaur has major beef with Kant...in fact, he elected to teach his class at the exact time that Kant was lecturing. Schopenhaur genius already flowered to maximum by the time he was 30.
Kierkegaard is another one. Perhaps, the first philosophical TROLL.

NIETZSCHE is one of my favourite...if not my favourite philosopher, bar none. I remember when i was 18 feeding on it like crazy. I was soo enamoured of his thought process, i remember writing a little fiction about the character "zarathustra". Here is it below

Gist: it is about the journey of zarathustra among the children of men...how they sexualizes and transmogrify his teachings into garbage to the obscene extent of worshipping his cock as a statue. They even change his name from "zarathustra" to "zaraphallus")

(**caveat emptor: i wrote this in my 1st year...I am still looking for part 1, part 2, and part 3...I am only able to find right now part 4 through 6)

PART IV
Yet NAY, once ZARATHUSTRA'S head wound down, he picketh up his wobbly knees and stood his ground firm. "Though it be I, this abomidable service claimeth to venerate, the worship of the holy cock was never thine intent, but rather, the systematic emasculation of man and his hand-held device for
world domination..."

ZARATHUSTRA stared long and hard at the towering phallus, the tip eclipsing the twilight sun... The glint of the marble carved cum shimmering, providing the glistening effect of continuous ejaculation...

A strange throb of sound eminated from the chanting throng prostrated around the erect monolith, the rhythmic moans and groans of which stirred arousing feelings within ZARATHUSTRA'S loins, a primal stirring of lust that caused the hairshirt he wore to rise in an obvious, uncontrollable, and most pleasantly painful woody... ZARATHUSTRA gazed down in amazement, not so much in disbelief at what was being felt, for indeed, these lustful stirrings are not unknown to ZARATHUSTRA, however the penile engorgement, and the way that it so closely resembled the stone pillar, cumplete with glistening jism,caused ZARATHUSTRA to exude a moan much like the empassioned members of the orgy ensuing in the amphitheatre below...

ZARATHUSTRA, with blushing red cheeks, resolved quickly, that no such thing was to be aloud...
"If in my name they shall howl in ecstacy-" he declared "then no such image shall be the object they adore..."
Upon reaching the bottom, ZARATHUSTRA quickly seized one of the nubile young virgins, cooing submissively "Be thee the daughter of ISHSTAR?"
ZARATHUSTRA spat... "Or be thee the whore of an impotent God...?"

The girl merely smiled coyly, and turned a blushing cheek to one side after peering down to the mound penetrating from beneath ZARATHUSTRA'S hairshirt.

"Ah-" ZARATHUSTRA remarked- "Ye be a bitch in need of a good spanking...."

And as ZARATHUSTRA proceedeth to pull aside the virgin veils of the young girls dress, and proceedeth to turn her tender buttocks a brilliant shade of maroon, and as ZARATHUSTRA proceedeth to leave the perfect imprint of his hand upon her right cheek; the girl then proceedeth, with a smile of subtle satisfaction to arch her back, turn her ass, and thrust her rump in such a way as to compel ZARATHUSTRA to striketh the other cheek as well.

ZARATHUSTRA was dumbfounded... 'Be there no end to the alacriteous debauchery this species is willing to engage in?!' ZARATHUSTRA thought to himself, yet at his groin, the pain ached pleasingly, and he found himself "accidently" brushing against the girl's exposed rear-end...

"Scarlet Whore of Babalon!" ZARATHUSTRA spake accusingly... "In the presence of God, ye dare to behave as such? Why, I shall..."

ZARATHUSTRA'S words were cut off abruptly as the young lass proceedeth to put her lips to a better use than to fashion words in her defense... ZARATHUSTRA found the lip-service to be a welcome relief from the pain of arousal, and after a short time, his hand-held device used for the planting of seeds, spilled its contents in vast, abstained quantities, the over-flow trickling quite nicely down the slightly tanned breasts, giving the girl's bosom the effect of being adorned with a substantially large pearl necklace...

TO BE CONTINUED.......

( like i said, these were done in my 1yr at the uni....so...take it for what it is worth. anyways, here is part the fifth)
PART 5

The lustful maiden taketh a break from her pulsating suck for a breath of air, momentarily releasing ZARATHUSTRA’s obelisk. His rigid instrument standeth straight from his body like a mast on a sailing vessel. Its head was red and inflamed with lust and pre-cum covereth it and floweth down the shaft. The maiden reacheth out a hand and wrappeth it around the wet, slick shaft, dropping her head down as she stucketh out her tongue and softly stoked it across the glans. The instrument quivered. ZARATHUSTRA’s stomach trembleth in reaction and a soft moan escaped his lips. Growling deeply in her throat, the maiden plungeth her mouth downward, engulfing half his phallus; her tongue swirleth around it and stroketh over its head and then gently laveth his glans. She slowly raised her head, allowing his shaft to escape her mouth inch by slow inch. Her cheeks caveth in as she applied suction to the hard shaft of ZARATHUSTRA’s obelisk. She raiseth her head until only the head remaineth between her lips and then she droppeth it back down, once again taking ZARATHUSTRA’s shaft within the warm confines of her oral cavity. She continueth her up-and-down strokes, applying suction to the obelisk as it pulsateth within her mouth….O ZARATHUSTRA….How strange must thou feel…..

‘AMEN’
The chameleons grand denial of earthly life
‘AMEN’
The conclusion of "platonism for the people".
‘AMEN’
The shameless parade of willful obedience and self negation
‘AMEN’
The grand rebellion against reason

ZARATHUSTRA looketh down at the ministrations on his bowels by the maiden, and glanceth away, for in that hour ZARATHUSTRA divineth the heart of the matter—seduction by pity—for he caught the glimpse the maiden’s name on her robeTongueithiasses. His heart quickeneth and the words of his Shadow
cometh to his remembrance "Will thou commit thy last sin(pity)?".

Muttering to himself "he that overcometh fainted not" he jerked his instrument from the maiden’s mouth. "Fair maiden, every being art a stepping stone, the ZARATHUSTRA must climb higher"

After she hath sucketh the seeds of ZARATHUSTRA, a peculiar histrionic befelleth the nubile maiden, her eyes narrowed as if engorged with a distance sight, she violently flippeth down her head muttering in strange tongues, then convulsively jerk it up against a mass of swirling hair as if in a trance she looketh piercingly at ZARATHUSTRA; she stood still, unmoving, like a statue, then with a shrill, she began to prophecy—

"Listen O children of the chameleons, incline thy ears unto my voice
for I bringeth the tidings of salvation
"Harken unto my voice O fellow worshippers of the Zaraphallus for I
am drunk with the milk from on high
"Come unto the well that drieth not, and taste the fruits of
redemption, the spring well of truth
"Open thy eyes on ye sons and daughters and seeketh not salvation in
sacrifices and burnt offerings but in the milk everlasting
"Drink, drink, drink the milk, the living milk, for ye shall thirsted
not, drink the milk everlasting.
"The milk is the fulfillment of the Law, the milk is the Love of our
God Zaraphallus, the milk is the redemption of the chameleons, the milk is
the KEY and the PATH, drink the milk.
"Knoweth not that no one ascendeth to higher ground except that ye
drinketh out of the milk that floweth evelasting? O ye seven tribes of
chameleon behold your salvation in the milk, drink the milk
"Verily, verily, I saith unto thee except thou drinketh the milk thou
shall no wise enter the Kingdom of Zaraphallus, drink the blessed milk
"Blessed is she that drinketh the milk for she shall see the Light of
day, drink the milk
"Blessed is she that obey her thirst and drinketh the milk for she shall
rise over many a opponent, drink the milk
"Blessed are the drinker of the milk for they shall see into the dark
sayings of the God Zaraphallus and standeth with the Almighty in judgement,
drink the milk
"Blessed is she that licketh the milk for she shall licketh the truth of
the earth and inherit no falsehood, drink the milk
"Blessed is she that thirsted after the milk as water, for she shall
abode forever in the holy chamber of Zaraphallus where the milk floweth
freely
"Blessed is she that drinketh the milk from the bottle, for she shall
receive the crown of Phallmilk, for the God Zaraphallus shall set her over
many a young maidens to instruct in the way of milk drinking"

"Nay, three times nay!!" shouted ZARATHUSTRA his ears tinged, "what doth I hear? Ah, my shadow how right art thou, the sword must descend upon the
ZARATHUSTRA himself lest he becometh a saint"

Drawing nigh to the nubile maiden ZARATHUSTRA seizeth her by the girdle,
"Liar, why spaketh thou of the things that are heavenly when such things
are nought? Why thousest leaven the mind of thy fellow chameleons with
strange and heavy burden of things found wanting? Why doth the soul of your
kind cliveth after falsehood and deception? Why falsify the word? Why
falsify the milk? Why falsify the ZARATHUSTRA?"

Thus the maiden replieth "Unhand me O old one! I speaketh the words
from on high, I spaketh from my heart"

"Indeed ye have no heads—ye speaketh through the heart, ye seeth
through the heart, ye heareth through the heart, ye smelleth through the
hearts, knowest not that the truth dwelleth not in the heart?"

"Tut, tut, Old man! Whence cometh thee? Thou blaphemeth against
the Holy writs of Zaraphallusism, the seven tenets left by Zaraphallus
himself"
Pointing at the engravings on the phallic monolith with her middle-finger,
for in those days such is the holy act of pointing, the young maiden saith
"That is the seven truths, the only truth on earth and in heaven. The holy
writ that containeth the battle and trials of Zaraphallus in the Valley of
Blood and dry Bones in time past is kept by the High Priests in the holies
of the holy inside the temple"

ZARATHUSTRA inclineth his gaze and behold yonder the seven truths and
the seven tribes of the three_legged_chameleons and the names of their seven
lords:
The House of Jerzabiah the Epicurean
The House of Donkysiah the Scholastics
The House of Kapithalzum the Utilitarian......

(TO BE CONTINUED....)

(once again, this is part the sixth. that final installment in the saga...i currently couldnt find part 1 through 3..and one more time: these were written in my 1st year at the uni. So, take it for what it is worth.)

SOLILOQUY (part 6)

Knoweth that in the time when the fair and nubile young maiden hath traced
thine holy pointing middle finger about the runes of the Phallus depicting
the sacred pictoglyphs of the seven sacred houses of the holy, NAY, the
maiden hath only traced 0.428571428574285 etc. ad infinitum when the Phallus
beganeth to quiver at her amourous touchings... The bowing throng of
worshipers chanted in unison the remaining 0.571428571428571 (carriedeth out
as before to the proper 15th decimal etc. ad infinitum) of the sacred seven
words denoting the sacred pictoglyphs of the seven houses of the holy:
The House of Spincteriah the Academyists
(The obelisk was heard to crack...)
The House of Copros the Objectivists
(An unexplained stench of nauseating proportions then issued forth...)
The House of Expulsiah the Deists
(Gurggling up from the base of the pillar, a sebaceous brown substance spurt
and spat...)
The House of Pepto the Revisionists
(The holy, and most sacred pillar of ZARAPHALLUS began to sink into the
ground from whence it stood...)

ZARATHUSTRA winceth his nose and turned up his face in an expression of
divine disgust as the worshippers then proceedeth to smear the fecal material
that issued forth from the hole which had only recently been the foundation
of the holy phallus...

"Sorrow I feel not for this lost tribe..." ZARATHUSTRA spake with
remorse... "Nay, tis pity which provideth the modus necessary for such
displays of filth and perversity..."
ZARATHUSTRA turned away from the sorid sight, hanging his head low- "I
preached of the over-coming-" He lamented- "and they came all over... I
chastised myself for preaching, believing it was I who nurtured their ignoble
behavior... Then I incited revolution, 'To overcome the over-coming!' shouted
I to the heavens 'That is the Law, and the Law is the Will... The Will to
overcome!... Look not to the skies, for the Law is in you!'
"But they heareth me not, for the sound of anthemic prayer still raises
the din of Hell, choking out the peace and serenity of letting go. Nay, the
species is a damned virus trapped in a fermenting vacuum somewhere between
Heaven and Hell..."

ZARATHUSTRA turneth his low-hung head one last time before vanishing over
the hill above the city below, the citizens no longer visible as the entire
valley was now a lake filled with the shit-like substance, having drowned
them all...

ZARATHUSTRA continued with his mental ponderings: "If man could only see
from this vantage, as do I, that his mind is filled with the same stuff which
still bubbles up from beneath that resevoir... Man is the only beast born
with the spirit to KNOW THYSELF, and yet the apostate man stains his spirit
of KNOWING with the slime of UN-KNOWING... The fool has mistaken the Will to
Overcome with the apocryphal belief system of Willing to be Overcome, and now
his fate is appropriately sealed beneath the lapping waves of The Shit Sea..."

ZARATHUSTRA of course was not alone. As the sun sank on yet another day,
his Shadow stretched forth in front of him, ZARATHUSTRA asked of his Shadow
thus:
"Tell me Shade-" saith he- "Why must thee cast such forlorn spectres
perpetually upon thy ground? Why hath it been ordained that ye shall forever
be the opponant to what is considerd right and just? Why must ye perpetually
cast down..."
And after a short interlude, as a slight breeze wafted up from the valley
below, carrying with it a reminder of the immediate past, ZARATHUSTRA heard
his Shadow respond:
"O great and wizened one, thee hast much to learn. It is not that I
forever cast down, but that ye and thine kind forever place thyselves upon
perilous precipices from whence thou perpetully falls, and in thine ascent,
thouest sees thy Shadow staring up from below and thouest blamest thine
unfortunate fall from on high on thee..."

Just as ZARATHUSTRA'S Shadow finished speaking, the sun sank below the
horizon, and the Shadow was gone. ZARATHUSTRA stood there alone with the
impending night descending upon him with a vengence...

"Ah!-" ZARATHUSTRA exclaimed- "Now I truly do see... To overcome and
exert the Will that is the Law that thine self be Overcome, one must like the
darkness overtaketh light, seize the lowly self with clasping hands and choke
the breath out from its lungs... Let not the Fury's proclaim this a crime,
Nay, let it be spoken down from the very non-existent Heavens, and up from
imagined Hells, that to snuff the light from the lowly self and stand alone
in the utter black is THE ONLY SUPREME JUSTICE and HOMAGE to the WIll that is
The Law, The Law of Overcoming... Let it be stated henceforth that on this
eve, ZARATHUSTRA hath seen without the use of his eyes, the truth, and the
truth is a phrase and that phrase be: To Do What Thou Wilt, One Must Be
Willing To Do What Must Be Done... That is the Whole Of The Law. The Law of
Overcoming..."

Quote: (02-19-2012 12:42 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Immortality. Here's why:

Example: how many people know who Samuel Walton was? Sam Seelig? Horace Dodge? Maxime Weygand? Garfield (not the cat)? Cornelius Starr? Abrams?

Now: Patton? Caesar? JP Morgan? Carnegie? Ford?

Both were comfortable, influential, probably enjoyed life and lived doing what they loved, but one is a list of names, the other, a list of icons. They are remembered, they hold more influence now dead than I probably ever will being alive. That's real power, real success. You die, and everything you have ever done and everything you are and ever will be vanishes. It's nice, this life we have is, but the thought of passing and not even being remembered by more than a handful of people is downright depressing. Me, I'd rather die Erwin Rommel than live Lloyd Blankfein, if only to be able to say, "Yeah, I did it. What'd you do?"

Also Nietzsche was a genius. We see the concept of the ubermensch nowadays--it's closely entwined with the Alpha Male. Something to think about.

Quote: (02-19-2012 11:28 AM)Entropy Wrote:  

Kant priori/apriori...with regards to synthetic knowledge. "Critique of Pure Reason" rules. Kant subsumes Hegel.
Schopenhaur has major beef with Kant...in fact, he elected to teach his class at the exact time that Kant was lecturing. Schopenhaur genius already flowered to maximum by the time he was 30.

No dude, you've got your philosopher's mixed up...

Schopenhauer hated Hegel, and taught at the same time as Hegel did. Hegel was vastly more popular and Schopenhauer faced obscurity during his lifetime.

Schopenhauer admired Kant and based all of his works off Kant. Schopenhauer plainly states in his "World as Will and Representation" that he expects the Reader to have read the "Critique of Pure Reason". He was a snob like that.

Quote:Schopenhauer Wrote:

[Hegel is] ‘that clumsy and nauseating charlatan, that pernicious person, who completely disorganized and ruined the minds of a whole generation.’

But the greatest effrontery in serving up sheer nonsense, in scrabbling together senseless and maddening webs of words, such as had previously been heard only in madhouses, finally appeared in Hegel...’ [he is] ‘a commonplace, inane, loathsome, repulsive and ignorant charlatan, who with unparalleled effrontery compiled a system of crazy nonsense that was trumpeted abroad as immortal wisdom by his mercenary followers...’

http://www.basicincome.com/bp/schopenhauerdespised.htm

Really hilarious shit. Schopenhauer had a lot more to say about how pathetic Hegel's following was. Good stuff.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I was a big fan of Nietzsche when I was 17-19 years old. Since I was rised as a beta by christian mother, I was in an unconscious quest for true masculinity. Luckily for me my mother was a teacher of philosophy so among religious books I also stumbled on Nietzsche and Schopenhauer. Nietzsche and the verses quoted above were my first guidelines and beacons of truth in a world of lies. By seeking to become as an Ubermensch I was seeking the alfa male in me. Even without knowing any game techniques I overcomed my betaness, the oneitis-es of my youth and got my first lays and social recognition by tuning my mind to the frequency of Nietzsches poetry and carrying his words at heart.

Today I have other philosophies to follow, but I am forever grateful to Nietzsche for his writings. They helped me to adopt a mindset that allowed to find game and swallow the red pill. Without them I wouldn't have found the truth, at least not so soon.

Quote: (02-20-2012 12:37 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2012 11:28 AM)Entropy Wrote:  

No dude, you've got your philosopher's mixed up...

Schopenhauer hated Hegel, and taught at the same time as Hegel did. Hegel was vastly more popular and Schopenhauer faced obscurity during his lifetime.

Schopenhauer admired Kant and based all of his works off Kant. Schopenhauer plainly states in his "World as Will and Representation" that he expects the Reader to have read the "Critique of Pure Reason". He was a snob like that.

[Hegel is] ‘that clumsy and nauseating charlatan, that pernicious person, who completely disorganized and ruined the minds of a whole generation.’

But the greatest effrontery in serving up sheer nonsense, in scrabbling together senseless and maddening webs of words, such as had previously been heard only in madhouses, finally appeared in Hegel...’ [he is] ‘a commonplace, inane, loathsome, repulsive and ignorant charlatan, who with unparalleled effrontery compiled a system of crazy nonsense that was trumpeted abroad as immortal wisdom by his mercenary followers...’

http://www.basicincome.com/bp/schopenhauerdespised.htm

Really hilarious shit. Schopenhauer had a lot more to say about how pathetic Hegel's following was. Good stuff.

i i should have written "Schopenhaur has major beef with Hegel...in fact, he elected to teach his class at the exact time that Hegel was lecturing."

Didnt know why i substituted Kant there instead. My mind was doing tricks yesterday.....I Made another mistake yesterday...while talking about socrates i said "laird hamilton translation" instead of "edith hamilton translation" when i was talking about socrates on this thread. Anyways, thanks for spotting that, samseau.

anyways....have you bread schopenhaur work on marriage? funny, coming from a man who never married. hahaha.

The works of Nietzsche that i like the most are: Genealogy of Morals, Beyond Good and Evil, Thus Spoke Zarathustra. I like Kaufman translation the most.

Kierkegaard that i like the most "Fear and Trembling", "Diary of the Seducer", I found "REPETITION" and "Concluding Unscientific Postcripts" to be unbearable.

Kant, is of course, "critique of pure reason"

schopenhaur is of course " world as will and representation"

I didnt like SARTRE...and his 'BEING AND NOTHINGNESS'

I have to admit i like the EMIL CIORAN.....the transylvanian existentialists are something to behold.

PEOPLE can list their favourite existential philisophers or works.

I think Nietzsche had some nice quotations. And had a fun take on life. But as a serious philosopher I can never figure what was new about his work? It seems pretty shallow stuff.

Also - for those of you interested in philosophy. It is interesting to consider whether you see it as an art or as closer to a science? Of course as soon as something actually gets proven in philosophy - it usually becomes part of the field of science.

I never really considered these sorts of questions until I read the following (short) article by Daniel Dennett:

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/dennett_...al_p2.html

It really changed the way I think about philosophy. I really love Daniel Dennett. He mainly writes on the mind/body issue. Which isn't something I am that interested in. But he is such a wonderful thinker that he makes the topics dance. And because he is so smart - following his arguments on these subjects is really enjoyable. His clarity of thinking reminds me of Richard Dawkins (when writing about biology) and Milton Friedman.