rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tired of Baby Steps

Tired of Baby Steps

Fellas,

I am hungry for an epiphany moment when it comes to "game." Digesting literature is not the problem nor is finding the time to go out in the field. What I'd really like are some decent homework assignments (outlandish or otherwise) that will get me way out of my comfort zone and catapult me into the "I just don't give a fcuk" zen-like state that eludes me. It's obvious to me that, of all the things I could work on, inner game is going to furnish the biggest returns. Not looking for lifestyle improvements -- I have those pretty well in hand -- just maybe a few ideas of the experiences that were most eye-opening for our estimable board members here. Thanks fellas.

Tired of Baby Steps

Ok. I do this for fun and to test my skills. This started when I was 16 my father would lock down the house at a certain time because I was out partying all the time. At 12 or 1 I forgot which but he would lock all the doors and wouldn't let me in if I wasn't home by then. If I was far or got caught up doing something I knew if I didn't pull I would be sleeping in my car out in the cold New England winter.

After a few times of freezing my ass off I re-calibrated and found some bars I could get into or would even make multiple approaches on college dorm girls at 7-11. I would usually have some weed to offer up and some drinks in the car and knew where the bootleggers were in the hood to buy whatever which was big biz due to Connecticut's no booze after 8 law. 6pack of bud light and a dime of weed was 20 bucks but all good.

Normally it was easy but on hard nights I would troll Mcdees on I95, 24 hour diners, Gas station clerks and even hang with the losers at dunkin donuts in the parking lot waiting for targets. I did not want to be out at 4am no matter what so my approaches got better every time.

I was a learning experience to say the least and after time and I got my own place at 18 I started to miss the heat put on me to pull so I would just from time to time do dumb shit like take the train to NYC with 40 dollars on me and spend it drinking with no cash to get back. Also last train north would leave at 3am or something so.. What to do? Pull or walk back to CT.

Now at 42 sometimes I will just hop in someones car and get dropped off in Sarasota or Wherever if they're going that way and figure the rest out later. I enjoy it.

So my advice is to just go. Get dropped off somewhere. If you fail. Walk home. Or at least talk a girl into driving you there.

I have way more info on this if anyone has questions.

Tired of Baby Steps

Quote: (02-10-2012 09:37 AM)HawkUnit Wrote:  

Fellas,

I am hungry for an epiphany moment when it comes to "game." Digesting literature is not the problem nor is finding the time to go out in the field. What I'd really like are some decent homework assignments (outlandish or otherwise) that will get me way out of my comfort zone and catapult me into the "I just don't give a fcuk" zen-like state that eludes me. It's obvious to me that, of all the things I could work on, inner game is going to furnish the biggest returns. Not looking for lifestyle improvements -- I have those pretty well in hand -- just maybe a few ideas of the experiences that were most eye-opening for our estimable board members here. Thanks fellas.

You said you dont want it but for me it was the truth.

Self improvemnt brought on a realization that I'm worth more then almost any of the bitches I'll meet on a day to day basis. After I dropped 80lbs, added on a ton of muscle, became more learned, more worldly, and more goal oriented I realized that I'm simply more valuable then they are, even if they dont see that or refuse to see that its still the truth.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Tired of Baby Steps

I like this idea of homework assignments to help your game. Makes it fun if you're getting dull.

Tired of Baby Steps

Quote: (02-10-2012 10:37 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Ok. I do this for fun and to test my skills. This started when I was 16 my father would lock down the house at a certain time because I was out partying all the time. At 12 or 1 I forgot which but he would lock all the doors and wouldn't let me in if I wasn't home by then. If I was far or got caught up doing something I knew if I didn't pull I would be sleeping in my car out in the cold New England winter.

After a few times of freezing my ass off I re-calibrated and found some bars I could get into or would even make multiple approaches on college dorm girls at 7-11. I would usually have some weed to offer up and some drinks in the car and knew where the bootleggers were in the hood to buy whatever which was big biz due to Connecticut's no booze after 8 law. 6pack of bud light and a dime of weed was 20 bucks but all good.

Normally it was easy but on hard nights I would troll Mcdees on I95, 24 hour diners, Gas station clerks and even hang with the losers at dunkin donuts in the parking lot waiting for targets. I did not want to be out at 4am no matter what so my approaches got better every time.

I was a learning experience to say the least and after time and I got my own place at 18 I started to miss the heat put on me to pull so I would just from time to time do dumb shit like take the train to NYC with 40 dollars on me and spend it drinking with no cash to get back. Also last train north would leave at 3am or something so.. What to do? Pull or walk back to CT.

Now at 42 sometimes I will just hop in someones car and get dropped off in Sarasota or Wherever if they're going that way and figure the rest out later. I enjoy it.

So my advice is to just go. Get dropped off somewhere. If you fail. Walk home. Or at least talk a girl into driving you there.

I have way more info on this if anyone has questions.

This sounds interesting. I was thinking of doing something similar. But how successful was this strategy for you? did it put more "unnecessary" pressure on you and thus made you desperate while gaming? also, cant imagine walking alone in the middle of the night in some areas is safe, did you have any incidents??

Tired of Baby Steps

Quote: (02-10-2012 09:37 AM)HawkUnit Wrote:  

Digesting literature is not the problem nor is finding the time to go out in the field. What I'd really like are some decent homework assignments (outlandish or otherwise) that will get me way out of my comfort zone and catapult me into the "I just don't give a fcuk" zen-like state that eludes me.

Dont "digest" literature. Erase, delete, or get rid of any books or videos about PU that you might have. And I mean ALL of them. If you are serious about your progress, stop consumming PU material.

Then go out at least 2 times a week, with the explicit purpose of approaching. Approach as much as you can, aim to get 10 approaches per time out.

After 100-200 approaches you will get it.

No questions, no excuses. Go get your approaches done.

Tired of Baby Steps

yeah, get rid of all that PUA bullshit. you only need this forum and Roosh's books. i know you have at least 1 free day a week. wake up early and shit, shower, shave. get yourself feeling good and fresh and go out and approach.

Tired of Baby Steps

Quote: (02-22-2012 09:02 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Then go out at least 2 times a week, with the explicit purpose of approaching. Approach as much as you can, aim to get 10 approaches per time out.

After 100-200 approaches you will get it.

No questions, no excuses. Go get your approaches done.

This. There is no substitute. How many passes do you think Tom Brady practices over the course of the pre-season and game week before he puts one in the end zone on Sunday?

The toughest part, for me, was viewing an approach as an expendable event, was writing off the sunk cost as part of the price of entry to the game. It's a skill that takes lots of mental discipline to hone and maintain. It's also what sacks you up for doing lots of approaches.

Sometimes I would think to myself, "wtf? Why does this sullen biatch deserve my best game?" She doesn't, that's why she turned it down.

Tired of Baby Steps

Quote: (02-28-2012 12:09 AM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

The toughest part, for me, was viewing an approach as an expendable event

One doesnt truly starts gaming until this clicks in his mind.

The problem with most guys out there is that they havent learned to lose people. They hold on to every relationship they have, because they are so rare to them, and to every interaction they get, because its an event so uncommon on their lives that they need to grab it and hold it down.

"There is this girl I like. I havent talked to her, but I run into her at the elevators and once she asked me "can you press "6" please?" How do I turn that into a lay?"

If they had more options with women, they would have not even noticed the girl in the elevator.

Game is about having options. Having options lets you take decisions. The guy meeting 5 new women a year wont be able to decide who he sleeps with, he will be stuck with whatever comes his way.

The guy meeting hundreds of women a year wont bother with girls that are not above his expectations, because even if he doesnt currently has one on lock, knows that more women are on the way.

Quote:Quote:

Sometimes I would think to myself, "wtf? Why does this sullen biatch deserve my best game?" She doesn't, that's why she turned it down.

A guy with options knows that its impossible to get all women. So if they want to make your job easier and cross themselves out, thank them for saving your time.
(Which is also a problem with optionless, gameless guys. They chase women because they dont have anything else to do. A guy with game wont have enough years in his life to get down with every woman that deserves his time. As a friend says "why would I waste my time hunting hares, when I have beef on demand?")

Tired of Baby Steps

Man, when I was first introduced to Roissy, and after I began to almost everything he ever posted I had "that moment" or epiphany .

I went through a huge asshole faze . Everywhere I went, no backing down, direct unflinching eye contact , I'm the prize attitude and especially the "I don't give a fuck" arms behind head stretched out on the couch - taking up every possible seat vibe . . all of it .

It wasn't all pretty though . I didn't really know my limits and I treated girls and people in general as if they didn't mean anything to me . While some girls responded to it , I didn't really know where to go from there . I was stuck in the I don't give a fuck attitude that I didn't bother to take it any further with girls that had shown slight interest .

So I kind of fucked myself over , my beta friends started to give me shit about it , girls in the inner circle would say shit like "oh so you think this is going to get you laid " and "he's an asshole" "woman hater" "misogynist" behind my back. . stuff like that . .

So I realized the power of completely over-under gaming . The attitude is important but I feel like you can't be completely dictated by the laws of Roissy and Roosh . Though what they have written about is almost like the burning bush to most of us - completely life changing information , you have to integrate it correctly or else (if you take it way too far like I did) you'll just come off like a prick who hates everything . You have to use what they have laid out as the basis - the information that snapped you out of your previous thinking that got you nowhere .

The epiphany will come when you apply it and get the responses you want from women . When you see them get nervous when they speak to you , laugh at stupid things you say, try to get your attention , say " I hate you " when you pull something clever , when you make eye contact, you don't look away and she smiles at you . .

They're all stages of learning , and each epiphany, each success puts you higher than before but you have to perpetuate the flow or you'll lose it and have to work to get it back again .

That's my experience.

Tired of Baby Steps

Quote: (03-01-2012 03:29 AM)Pinch Wrote:  

Man, when I was first introduced to Roissy, and after I began to almost everything he ever posted I had "that moment" or epiphany .

I went through a huge asshole faze . Everywhere I went, no backing down, direct unflinching eye contact , I'm the prize attitude and especially the "I don't give a fuck" arms behind head stretched out on the couch - taking up every possible seat vibe . . all of it .

It wasn't all pretty though . I didn't really know my limits and I treated girls and people in general as if they didn't mean anything to me . While some girls responded to it , I didn't really know where to go from there . I was stuck in the I don't give a fuck attitude that I didn't bother to take it any further with girls that had shown slight interest .

So I kind of fucked myself over , my beta friends started to give me shit about it , girls in the inner circle would say shit like "oh so you think this is going to get you laid " and "he's an asshole" "woman hater" "misogynist" behind my back. . stuff like that . .

So I realized the power of completely over-under gaming . The attitude is important but I feel like you can't be completely dictated by the laws of Roissy and Roosh . Though what they have written about is almost like the burning bush to most of us - completely life changing information , you have to integrate it correctly or else (if you take it way too far like I did) you'll just come off like a prick who hates everything . You have to use what they have laid out as the basis - the information that snapped you out of your previous thinking that got you nowhere .

The epiphany will come when you apply it and get the responses you want from women . When you see them get nervous when they speak to you , laugh at stupid things you say, try to get your attention , say " I hate you " when you pull something clever , when you make eye contact, you don't look away and she smiles at you . .

They're all stages of learning , and each epiphany, each success puts you higher than before but you have to perpetuate the flow or you'll lose it and have to work to get it back again .

That's my experience.

Your post contains an important lesson. Roissy's (and others) material, while entertaining and most of the time educational, can't be effectively employed by just anyone, especially someone who is still learning how to interact with and pick up women.

You have to first learn and internalize the important lessons. The "important lessons" are of course debatable, depending on who you read, what you believe, etc, but it's all underpinned by one characteristic: confidence.
Once you truly achieve confidence, you realize it isn't about being an asshole and treating women like animals - it's more about realizing your value is greater than hers...in every respect. It's also at this point that you achieve a type of "self-actualization" (to borrow the term)...or fulfillment. And you wake up and realize there are certain idiocies you come to expect when dealing with inferior people (i.e. women). But there is nothing a woman can say or do to break you down or shake your confidence because you finally understand that her world is built on a foundation of lies -- from the moment her mother told her that any man would be lucky to have her, she has manufactured a life of lies.

Newbs should learn this, internalize it, truly believe it, and instead of being an asshole to women, you'll actually smile when they talk to you...because you now understand the big secret. She is one big empty lie..completely unfulfilled. And now you have the upper hand and can manipulate her into whatever you want her to be.