rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The California Police State

If anyone thought I was exaggerating.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

In passing the 37-page ordinance on Tuesday, officials sought to outline responsibilities for law enforcement and other public agencies while also providing clarification on beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/0...n-beaches/

Enjoy your next trip to Sunny California!

The hell...? In order to make every aspect of society as safe and comforting as possible this is squeezing every drop of pleasure out of it.

Quote: (02-09-2012 02:37 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

The hell...? In order to make every aspect of society as safe and comforting as possible this is squeezing every drop of pleasure out of it.

Yeah, California is a different place than it was 15 years ago.

I told people when the cigarette ban happened that it was going to be the tip of the iceberg for loss of freedom.

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

Now you can't even throw a football!

There is no end in sight.

If I read the article right, this pretty much means that you can't play soccer on the beach without the threat of a fine. What an f'ing buzzkill.

I know a lot of guys leaving Cali for Vegas and Denver.

May join their ranks.

Quote: (02-09-2012 03:55 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I told people when the cigarette ban happened that it was going to be the tip of the iceberg for loss of freedom.

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

Do they fine you guys down there for peeing on trees or the sides of walls? Cos I do that a lot if I can't find a toilet and I am bursting..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

God forbid you Jay-walk in Cali as well. Fuck.

Team Nachos

I guess from the 30's to the 80's it WAS the place to be .
Now it's over run with busybodies.

South Florida seems less over run by these party poopers.

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

You trade that for legal weed.

It depends on where you're at in Cali., my favorite local beach is "clothing optional", pretty much all young people take a 6 pack of beer and drink openly, plus everyone tokes it up, whether it's blunt, bowl, or bong.

Try doing that just about anywhere else in the U.S.

My biggest issue with CA are the divorce and domestic violence laws.

Quote: (02-09-2012 04:09 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

I know a lot of guys leaving Cali for Vegas and Denver.

May join their ranks.

Honestly, I used to debate whether or not I should leave California.

It is not even a debate anymore.

California made the decision for me.

Quote: (02-09-2012 04:46 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

It depends on where you're at in Cali., my favorite local beach is "clothing optional", pretty much all young people take a 6 pack of beer and drink openly, plus everyone tokes it up, whether it's blunt, bowl, or bong.

Yeah.

You can do that all the way up until the moment you can't.

Where you from in Norcal? I have seen the same set up in Santa Cruz and Half moon bay where I go.

Quote: (02-09-2012 04:41 PM)chairman Wrote:  

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

The choice isn't California or the Bible Belt.

That's why I listed two specific places that people are going to.

Colorado's on the books marijuana law is very permissive - and that assumes (falsely) that cops are enforcing the laws.

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/colorado-penalties

Things have changed in Cali. Even 10-15 years ago, men went to Cali to find freedom and make their fortunes.

Used to be, if you were in LA and not earning six figures in your mid-20's, then you weren't shit.

The economy is crappy, the roads are shit, and state income tax is almost 10%. Sale tax is another 10%.

They tax the fuck out of you if you make money. Then they tax the fuck out of you when they spend it.

Drive on the 405 and fuck up your car with pot holes, and then think about the taxes you are paying. Where's the money going?

Today there are only two reasons to go to Cali - you are going to make it big in the film industry, or you're going to cash in on S.F.'s dot-com economy.

There's another bubble in SF, so it may be too late to do the latter.

Three years ago, you could rent a sick place with attached parking, tons of space, keyed entry, three blocks from Giants Stadium - for $2400. That same place is $3200.

So unless you go in at Groupon, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc., there's not much reason to remain in Cali.

I never thought I'd leave Cali. Used to be only guys who couldn't make it left.

Now it's guys who are making it who are planning exit strategies.

Quote: (02-09-2012 05:17 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2012 04:41 PM)chairman Wrote:  

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

The choice isn't California or the Bible Belt.

That's why I listed two specific places that people are going to.

Colorado's on the books marijuana law is very permissive - and that assumes (falsely) that cops are enforcing the laws.

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/colorado-penalties

Things have changed in Cali. Even 10-15 years ago, men went to Cali to find freedom and make their fortunes.

Used to be, if you were in LA and not earning six figures in your mid-20's, then you weren't shit.

The economy is crappy, the roads are shit, and state income tax is almost 10%. Sale tax is another 10%.

They tax the fuck out of you if you make money. Then they tax the fuck out of you when they spend it.

Drive on the 405 and fuck up your car with pot holes, and then think about the taxes you are paying. Where's the money going?

Today there are only two reasons to go to Cali - you are going to make it big in the film industry, or you're going to cash in on S.F.'s dot-com economy.

There's another bubble in SF, so it may be too late to do the latter.

Three years ago, you could rent a sick place with attached parking, tons of space, keyed entry, three blocks from Giants Stadium - for $2400. That same place is $3200.

So unless you go in at Groupon, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc., there's not much reason to remain in Cali.

I never thought I'd leave Cali. Used to be only guys who couldn't make it left.

Now it's guys who are making it who are planning exit strategies.

Yeah I have lived both in the Bay Area and in Austin, Texas and must say that Austin is just as good or better than the Bay Area except for not having medical marijuana ( which is just a joke).

Where you from in Norcal, I have seen the same set up in Santa Cruz and Half moon bay where I go.

The thing that really gets me is this:

Quote:Quote:

beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.

I mean, what doesn't fall under that?

Surfing certainly does.

Hell, a game of horseshoes is probably more dangerous than frissbee.

Baseball certainly is.

Had court today, both my not-guilty please accepted, one charged dismissed, the other "delayed" prosecution - I don't plead guilty and if I have no similar infractions in six months they agree not to prosecute. Six month process, had to hire a lawyer (essentially arrested for talking back to the police).

Too bad about California. I was thinking about moving to San Diego, G. This is giving me major second thoughts. The thing is, I grew up in the west which is a different animal than the east coast. I find that people are much more open minded, less rigid, and I like that. I also like all the sunshine, the lack of humidity, and mild weather. Now I don't know where to go. I have family in Dallas, Denver and Chicago all asking me to move there...

I just can't see living in Texas or tolerating the weather in Chicago. Uh.

Quote: (02-09-2012 11:59 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Enjoy your next trip to Sunny California!

Did you ever see the shirt that says "Ventura County: Come for Vacation, Leave on Probation?"

This football stuff really bothers me.

Because California is so awesome, Hawaii usually passes the same bullshit laws shortly after they do.

Smoking, talking on the phone and driving, gay guys getting married, medical weed, cameras that mail you speeding tickets, etc. got started out here right after they come out of CA. Wrap your head around CA's Sales and Use Tax laws that I learned about when I started my surfboard blank business. We got a version of it here in Hawaii.

Take a look at the Proposition 65 laws.

My theory as to why this happens is that because so many of our lawyers go to Hastings Law School, they get that California mentality instilled. They come back here, then start working and things go to hell.

I believe the bulk of mainland visitors to Hawaii come from CA. As the owner of a business that caters to tourists, here's an interesting statistic I've recorded: People from CA are most likely to spread the cost of their fishing charter over 2 or more credit cards, while wearing a Rolex Submariner.

Nonetheless, I hope they keep sending the white girls!

Aloha!

From Hakim Bey's "RESOLUTION FOR THE 1990's: BOYCOTT COP CULTURE!!!"

What is it that "America most wants"? Does this phrase refer to criminals--or to crimes, to objects of desire in their real presence, unrepresented, unmediated, literally stolen & appropriated? America most wants...to fuck off work, ditch the spouse, do drugs (because only drugs make you feel as good as the people in TV ads appear to be), have sex with nubile jailbait, sodomy, burglary, hell yes. What unmediated pleasures are NOT illegal? Even outdoor barbecues violate smoke ordinances nowadays. The simplest enjoyments turn us against some law; finally pleasure becomes too stress- inducing, and only TV remains--and the pleasure of revenge, vicarious betrayal, the sick thrill of the tattletale. America can't have what it most wants, so it has America's Most Wanted instead. A nation of schoolyard toadies sucking up to an elite of schoolyard bullies.

... and he wrote that back in the 80s! Things have gotten worse ever since!

WTF is wrong with this state that I grew up in? You can legally buy weed, but you can't throw a football at the beach!

i've heard them say whatever happens in America happens in California first....

the clusterfuck continues...

I am glad if they did ban smoking on the beach, nothing is more disgusting than trying to get some fresh air on the beach after a swim when drying off than to have a crowd of punk kids come next to you and all light up up-wind of you. Really can you not smoke in your car before you get here or after you leave. Do you really need to smoke while standing in the water, do you really need to smoke every 15 minutes. Maybe you do but lots of people don't want to smell other people's smoke when going to the beach which is one of the few places you can get fresh air.

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

I'm glad people can't smoke or drink on the beach or in parks. All that leads to is lazy ignorant idiots throwing their cigarette butts on the ground and leaving their empty cans / bottles strewn about. It ruins it for everyone. I've been to some beautiful locations that were ruined because people were disrespectful slobs that littered.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to lift an all-out ban on playing with footballs, other balls and Frisbees on the beach, according to a media statement released by the L.A. County Department of Beaches and Harbors.

The update means that beach-goers may toss balls and Frisbees with Lifegauds permission on beaches in Los Angeles County between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

The article is saying that you can play with footballs and frisbees on the beach. I played frisbee on the beach last summer. Nobody said anything to me.

I would say that you probably shouldn't play it where people are laying. Go to a part of the beach where there's lots of space.

Quote: (02-10-2012 12:54 AM)velkrum Wrote:  

Now you can't:

Drink on the beach
Smoke on the beach
Smoke in parks
Drink in parks

I'm glad people can't smoke or drink on the beach or in parks. All that leads to is lazy ignorant idiots throwing their cigarette butts on the ground and leaving their empty cans / bottles strewn about. It ruins it for everyone. I've been to some beautiful locations that were ruined because people were disrespectful slobs that littered.

I agree with that.A lot of things wouldn't need rules if there weren't so many thoughtless idiots about .