rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Healthy smoothie

Healthy smoothie

I have started drinking this healthy smoothie a few weeks ago.

Healthy smoothie recipe:

-blueberries
-coconut oil
-coconut milk
-broccoli
-spinach
-stevia/truvia/xylitol
-banana
-organic whey
-sliced almonds
-cinnamon
-water

Blend.

You can also use kale, avocados, mustard greens, chard, swiss, bok choy or watercress.

Healthy smoothie

I bet with all the fruit you have, you could get rid of the stevia/truvia/xylitol and you'd never notice the difference. No need for the natural sweetener when you have fruit, cinnamon. You could also get rid of the almonds and use almond milk sometimes...if you want to alternate with the coconut milk.
Looks good though.

Healthy smoothie

Smitty: I'll try the smoothie without sweetener next time. I only use stevia at the moment because that's what I have at the moment.
As for the almond milk - it's hard to find here so I use sliced almonds. Thanks for your input.
Try it! Every day.

Healthy smoothie

mofo: good recipe.
I usually start my mornings with a similar smoothie:

- Blueberries, strawberries, banana
- Organic peanut putter
- Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Flax seeds
- Korean Ginseng
- SunWarrior Protein (http://www.sunwarrior.com/)

I never use any sweetener, it always tastes really good. If I add more vegetables that might make it bitter, I'll add in some agave nectar or maybe some maple syrup.

I also love fresh squeezed juice throughout the day...

Healthy smoothie

Looks delicious. Just got a mixer, it's about time I incorporate smoothies into my daily routine.

Does anyone put proteine powder in or do you take that later in the day after lifting?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-01-2012 02:14 PM)November Wrote:  

mofo: good recipe.
I usually start my mornings with a similar smoothie:

- Blueberries, strawberries, banana
- Organic peanut putter
- Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Flax seeds
- Korean Ginseng
- SunWarrior Protein (http://www.sunwarrior.com/)

I never use any sweetener, it always tastes really good. If I add more vegetables that might make it bitter, I'll add in some agave nectar or maybe some maple syrup.

I also love fresh squeezed juice throughout the day...

Are you aware that peanut butter is probably not healthy?

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-01-2012 02:20 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Looks delicious. Just got a mixer, it's about time I incorporate smoothies into my daily routine.

Does anyone put proteine powder in or do you take that later in the day after lifting?

In my experience it is better to use a blender than a mixer.

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-01-2012 02:31 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2012 02:20 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

In my experience it is better to use a blender than a mixer.

Ah yeah, actually meant blender.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Healthy smoothie

Add a banana for sweetness. No need to add sugary shit.

Healthy smoothie

Men don't drink smoothies. Men drink protein shakes.

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-01-2012 03:05 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Banana is sugary shit. Just sayin'.

Healthy smoothie

MikeCF: Maybe

Healthy smoothie

Quote:Quote:

Are you aware that peanut butter is not healthy?

An argument could probably be made for both sides.

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-sho...r-good-you
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other31.htm

I'm not saying it's the best thing in the world (saturated fat, etc.), but I l've always loved it and a little bit in a smoothie once in a while isn't going to kill me.

Healthy smoothie

i'd get rid of this:

-stevia/truvia/xylitol

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-01-2012 03:15 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Its got electrolytes.

Healthy smoothie

Don't forget the Kale. That stuff is preached upon by the health freaks out there. Any kind of nut butter will help slow digestion so you don't feel hungry after 5 mins.

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-02-2012 02:23 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Its got electrolytes.

And potassium.

Are you saying bananas are bad for you?

I mean, monkeys eat them, and they seem to be doing pretty good.

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-13-2012 01:19 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 02:23 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Its got electrolytes.

And potassium.

Are you saying bananas are bad for you?

I mean, monkeys eat them, and they seem to be doing pretty good.

It's not that bad.

Healthy smoothie

Bananas are fructose which spikes your blood sugar a lot less then sucrose, so dont knock bananas to hard. I agree, go less sweet if you truly want to be healthy, consume for function not taste.

And to add to what Mike said, this is ripe to just toss in a few scoops of protein and round it out as an entire meal rather then a starter. Protein smoothie, like a boss.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-13-2012 03:44 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Bananas are fructose which spikes your blood sugar a lot less then sucrose, so dont knock bananas to hard. I agree, go less sweet if you truly want to be healthy, consume for function not taste.

And to add to what Mike said, this is ripe to just toss in a few scoops of protein and round it out as an entire meal rather then a starter. Protein smoothie, like a boss.

fruits like bananas are fibrous.fibre blunts insulin release.also adding whey to this will also slow the insulin spike.

cinnamon isnt just used for taste. it reduces postprandial glucose levels and gastric emptying = lower insulin spike = WIN

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-13-2012 04:33 PM)alecks Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2012 03:44 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

fruits like bananas are fibrous.fibre blunts insulin release.also adding whey to this will also slow the insulin spike.

cinnamon isnt just used for taste. it reduces postprandial glucose levels and gastric emptying = lower insulin spike = WIN

The only issue I see with any kind of blended drink is that despite all the nutritional benefits it'll never provide one key thing, satiety. Though, to me, this just makes the argument to drink one in the morning all the better because you can look at the nutrient composition of the smoothie and adjust the rest of your meals accordingly to fit your diet.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Healthy smoothie

smoothies are great for the morning...i find if i make one the night before and put it in the fridge it is okay the next morning ie. still tastes fresh

Healthy smoothie

Some good recipes here. Heres my morning shake..

2 cups of milk or rice milk
2 bananas
1 cup raw oatmeal
1 large scoop of almond/peanut butter
dash of maple syrup or honey

This takes about 3 minutes to make and I immedietley transfer it from my blender into a glass container and then into my laptop bag as I leave for work.

In the summer, I freeze the bananas the night before. Sometimes, I add a few dates.

I guess peanut butter and all the nut butters are debatable in terms of health. If your skinny, it really doesn't matter, if your fat, you should only eat it in the morning, at least thats my understanding..?

I love these soft foods. I also juice alot and have been working on my soup game.

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-14-2012 11:57 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

2 bananas
1 cup raw oatmeal

This takes about 3 minutes to make and I immedietley transfer it from my blender into a glass container and then into my laptop bag as I leave for work.

In the summer, I freeze the bananas the night before. Sometimes, I add a few dates.

I guess peanut butter and all the nut butters are debatable in terms of health. If your skinny, it really doesn't matter, if your fat, you should only eat it in the morning, at least thats my understanding..?

I love these soft foods. I also juice alot and have been working on my soup game.

even though thats all healthy food,its a lot of carbs in the one sitting and not much protein.if your skinny youd need that,add 1.5scoops of whey and itd be better

Healthy smoothie

Quote: (02-15-2012 03:09 PM)alecks Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2012 11:57 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

2 bananas
1 cup raw oatmeal

even though thats all healthy food,its a lot of carbs in the one sitting and not much protein.if your skinny youd need that,add 1.5scoops of whey and itd be better

I disagree.