rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red Pill Gamers

Red Pill Gamers

Quote: (01-15-2012 02:45 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2012 02:56 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I am super ADD and it seems like its getting worse, so I have trouble sitting through whole movies.

When I am finally settled down enough to actually watch a movie, I fall asleep within 20 minutes.

That being said, I actually make an effort not to watch popular hollywood movies.

I don't want to think or act or talk like "normal people" and a big part of that is not consuming what "normal people" consume.

I would actually call that one of my "keys to success".

Sure, there's of course the bland typical Hollywood hype (most chick flicks, brainless action movies), but there's tons of amazing films that come out of Hollywood and are far better than the crap that comes out of other countries. Especially when it comes to science fiction. Some of my favorites are Artificial intelligence, minority report (the scene of advertisements following Tom Cruise is downright scary), Bicentennial Man. Recently, I thought surrogates and source code were good. Terminator 2 remains one of my favorites, and I don't think the most recent one was so bad either.

Don't let rejection of US pop culture make you reject the real gems you can get out of it. Even if the majority of hollywood movies are banal, I don't think foreign movies are even better. I spent alot of time watching spanish and russian, and some Thai, and french movies when trying to learn the languages, and it was painful to get through most of them. Chinese movies were the only ones that I really could get in to.

On another note, though, what is this basic truth that all the "red pill," commentators are trying to get at? That feminism has exhausted its ideological effectiveness? That our "9 to 5" cubicle monkey society is strangling our humanity? That we're too consumerist? That evil corporations rule the world?

I think the first question is already being questioned in the US, outside of highly ideological circles, and the second has been a theme in many movies and pop culture. The third I think is universal of humanity and is even worse in other countries.

Ok fine, you can "reject," the reality spoonfed to you by the US media, but then you to some degree, have to come up with some sort of ideology and belief system in response. "I don't buy into that American crap," doesn't quite cut it. Once you try and construct a model for how you frame the world, you'll see that reality is far more complicated.

Yeah, not a big fan of science fiction..

I just can't relate.

If I am going to watch a movie, it will usually be a documentary.

Quote:Quote:

you to some degree, have to come up with some sort of ideology and belief system in response.

I think the writing on my site addresses that.

Say what you will about my blog, love it or hate it, everyone has to admit it is unique and original.

There is no one out there that is describing the intimate details of the International Playboy lifestyle out there.

There is no "No.2".

Messages In This Thread