rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Expedited French naturalization for Canadians?

Expedited French naturalization for Canadians?

Quote: (12-13-2011 05:18 AM)Tresor Wrote:  

Yeah but if you've never been to France for an extended period of time before, they might argue that you're not truely integrated.

According to French law you must live in France when the government issues the decree granting you French nationality.

Quote:Quote:

Code civil, article 21-16

Nul ne peut être naturalisé s'il n'a en France sa résidence au moment de la signature du décret de naturalisation.

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCode...e=20100727

Having an employment contract and professional/familial ties in France is necessary imho.

Agreed. You'd have to be living and working at the time naturalization is granted. That wouldn't be such a big deal (for me, personally) but I think the real catch is this:

Quote:Quote:

La réponse de l'autorité publique à une demande d'acquisition de la nationalité française par naturalisation doit intervenir au plus tard dix-huit mois à compter de la remise de toutes les pièces nécessaires à la constitution d'un dossier complet contre laquelle un récépissé est délivré immédiatement.

Le délai visé au premier alinéa est réduit à douze mois lorsque l'étranger en instance de naturalisation justifie avoir en France sa résidence habituelle depuis une période d'au moins dix ans au jour de cette remise.

Les délais précités peuvent être prolongés une fois, par décision motivée, pour une période de trois mois.

They can take up to 18 or 21 months to respond to the application during which you'd almost certainly still have to be living and working in France. So more realistically, the process would take about 2 years, assuming they take the full amount of time for someone who recently arrived. That's still faster than any other way I know of getting some EU citizenship, but definitely not instantaneous.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Messages In This Thread