rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lesbians raising boys

Lesbians raising boys

Quote: (12-01-2011 06:36 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2011 03:32 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

You can judge if it has social implications for wider society. We aren't islands unto ourselves.

They are wanting society to elevate it to the norm by sanctioning it. That's where the controversy comes in. The second you say "men should ideally be with women" you are now basically no different than a racist, even though men evolved sperm and women eggs for an obvious reason.

You can sanction something without elevating it to the norm. I do think the lesbian and gay rights activists have taken it too far though. Reproduction is a biological imperative, so labeling somebody equivalent of a racist because he/she believes that men and women belong together is wrong. However, if that same person actively discriminates against someone just because of the person's sexual orientation, then yes that is the equivalent of racism.

Quote: (12-01-2011 03:53 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I object on aesthetic grounds, for the same reason that I'd object to say, women in the military, except as nurses and clerks. Femininity and masculinity are inherently good and beautiful.

If we permit and encourage women to take on the roles of men, they will cease to be feminine. They will start seeing men as unnecessary and even inferior; after all, if women can do everything, from childbirth to parenting, what use are men? Being a woman will entail nothing more than a matter of genitalia.
You are assuming that woman had a choice between a man and woman, but she chose a woman, and it is some sort of affront to men. I don't see that at all. This woman was born a lesbian, she had no choice in the matter. She can't be attracted to men, even if she tried, so she chose a woman as her life partner. Why can't you accept her the way she is?
ARE lesbians really born that way?? I know 'Born this way" is a song by lady gaga, but is it something that's actually been proven? Are bisexuals born that way as well, then?

I don't pretend to be an expert on lesbians but I know several lesbians that were in commited relationships with men for several years with women then went back to men. I've also knew women that fucked plenty of guys had kids with them and then switched over to women. I think the idea that there is a gene in some women that says "You MUST be attracted to and only pursue other women!" is very narrow minded. Obviously I understand some women will be more fluid in their sexuality and might be attracted to women, animals, and who knows what else. But was she "Born that Way", as in she had no choice in the matter? I don't agree.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Messages In This Thread