rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Male-Bashing Commercials (and Movies)

Male-Bashing Commercials (and Movies)

I've been meaning to start a thread on male-bashing commercials for some time, but haven't managed to track down all of the examples I can think of. I figure I might as well open it up to the community, since some guys, invariably, have seen ones that others haven't. It'd be nice to put together a little collection of these.

The most common motif, of course, is the idiotic, inept, bumbling boyfriend or dad, but there are others. I'm still hunting for an sample of one of the worst violators, Carl's Jr.'s "without us, some guys would starve" campaign of the early 2000s. In each of those spots, they depict dudes as total dumb-asses who can't fend for themselves, even on the very basic function of feeding themselves. In the one that especially comes to mind, a guy is trying to blend two whole avocados in a blender, because--needless to say--he doesn't know how to make guacamole. For 30 seconds, he simply stares, as they rumble around un-broken in the blender cup. Then we hear voiceover, "without us, some guys would starve." Another common, and sort of related, theme is the emasculated, weak man needing the guidance of an in-control, strong, intelligent woman.

There are also tons of movies like this, of course. The Judd Apatow beta-loser movies come to mind a lot. The male lead is a total ass-clown, the girl is an successful, "empowered," intelligent alpha.

Here are some examples of what I mean. Fox News (though I'm loath to use any of their material) did a decent little piece on this as well, and I've included that too.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread