rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

N.Arlington, VA bar scene

N.Arlington, VA bar scene

There are quite a few bars to choose from, so feel free to add to the list. I'm not doing a data sheet because I've lived here, not traveled, so I have no clue about hostels or hotels, etc. All I know is it's nice, expensive, and possible to get laid. My focus is on North Arlington - the Rosslyn to Ballston corridor.

Overall, there are a lot of cute girls in Arlington, but they are prone to the same diseases as DC women (feminism, self-focused, materialistic, etc). Arlington establishments usually shut the doors by 1:30am. The guys tend to be pretty cool (not many haters like DC), but they have very little game. They also tend to be frat boy types who like to get drunk and "holler" at women. If you have game, you can score in this town.

My take on some of the bars in town:

Whitlows on Wilson: Restaurant/Bar/Pool/Live music, depending on the night. Good happy hour place as well as later crowd. Typically good from Thurs-Sat. Bar area in the front is kind of small so it gets crowded and annoying very quickly. Good idea to have dinner outside on a cool night facing the metro escalators to get an idea of whether the women are coming or going.

Harry's Tap Room: No a big fan, but this is where the ladies go who think they are classy. You'll almost always see them dressed up and trying to look good - and admittedly, a lot of the ladies do look good. The food is so-so and the bar gets very crowded (and kind of annoying when it's packed).

Cafe Asia: Food is overrated but there can be some decent looking ladies here. Happy hours are good and when it gets crowded in the front bar they will open the back bar that, surprisingly, a lot of people don't know about. Asia is good if you're flying solo because there are several others there having a drink after work (you don't stand out as looking weird or awkward).

The places above aren't the best to work game because of the smaller bar areas, but there are almost always cute women to pick from.

Frontpage in Ballston: Haven't been in awhile but Wednesday night used to be the night to go. It was ALWAYS packed with a good mix of male/female. I've scored there in the past. Bad thing is it gets elbow-to-elbow crowded on Wednesdays. I've never been impressed on the weekends and the food, specifically the Sunday brunch, is highly overrated.

Clarendon Ballroom: This place used to be Mecca for me on a Friday night. If you like to use the dance floor to game, you can score here much easier than any other place in Arlington. There is a rooftop bar used in the nice weather to get your buzz on. Go to the dance floor no later than 11:30 because you need a good hour or two to work your game. Men in Clarendon Ballroom don't like to dance for some reason. I have hooked up in this place many times because I put down my drink, walk to the center of the floor, and dance. It really is that easy. People show up at the Ballroom in groups, so it's almost always easier to be part of a mixed male/female group. I've always done best here with a group.

La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar & Restaurant: Across the street from Whitlows. Never had any luck in this place. Food is not bad if you're into Tapas. Good luck.

Carpool: If you do well with a place like Whitlows, you'll do well here too. Wings/beer/bar type of place but a lot of cute girls come here because it's walking distance from all their expensive condos in Ballston.

I'll add more as I think of them. All the places above are either walking distance from each other, one metro stop, or a $5 cab ride apart.

The key with Arlington on, say, a Friday night is doing happy hour from 5-7, dinner/drinks from 7-9, drinks at a bar from 9-10, and then the Ballroom for dancing/gaming from 10 to close. Close and take her home, or head into DC to find some late-night drunk 5 or 6 for a quick hand job.

Edit: I'm not selling Arlington as *the* place to be. If you work in DC, it's worth checking out. But it's in the DC area and as they say, the fruit don't fall far from the tree.

Messages In This Thread