rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kentucky clerk jailed for refusing to issue gay marriage licences

Kentucky clerk jailed for refusing to issue gay marriage licences

Quote: (09-03-2015 04:40 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2015 03:49 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Obama refuses to enforce a bunch of laws he doesn't agree with, yet it's this woman going to jail.

I agree, my mind is blown that this woman is locked up in jail with an INDEFINITE sentence. This is political prisoner stuff right there.

If you murder someone, do you have to stay in jail until you apologize to the family? No, you get a set term in jail and then you are done. This woman's only way out of prison is if she recants her religious beliefs. If thats not kicking the constitution in the balls right there, I don't know what is.

edit: It really does seem like an open ended sentence...a statement from one of her lawyers

-----------
Today, for the first time in history, an American citizen has been incarcerated for having the belief of conscience that marriage is the union of one man and one woman, and she’s been ordered to stay there until she’s willing to change her mind, until she’s willing to change her conscience about what that belief is,” he said. “This is unprecedented in American law

EXACTLY. Thank you. To me, that's all this is about. This isn't about homosexuality or gay marriage. Homosexuality/gay marriage = X, whereas X is something the government has decreed. If you disobey X, you will be locked up until you recant.

Contempt is unconstitutional. http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/33422

P.S. http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35243

Edit: For those who don't click on my links, I'll mention that this is not unprecedented. Contempt is just another way to say "fuck you, you will stay in jail until you bow".

Messages In This Thread