rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost Out On a Job Because I Was Too Intimidating

Lost Out On a Job Because I Was Too Intimidating

I lost out on a finance managerial job because the Systems IT team (who I would have worked alongside) felt that I was too intimidating, in their opinion:
  • I acted like I owned the room, I basically kicked back in the chair and relaxed during the whole interview
  • They thought I was technically strong, but I was too confident
  • They felt that I looked down on them. I never said anything derogatory to them, but they didn’t like my body language
  • They felt I was too ambitious – one guy wondered why I wasn’t happy to continue working at my current level instead of a higher position.
This is probably the lamest excuse I’ve ever had for being turned down for a job. Even the recruiting agent thought it was bullshit, but she said I’m better off not working alongside these people. My brother said that if they talk that much shit about me in the interview process, then they would be ten times worse if I worked there – they may try to backstab me.

Has anybody else had a similar experience? I guess knowing your shit and being confident scares the shit of out IT nerds and faggot office workers.

Messages In This Thread