rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Technology and Gym Help Thread

The Technology and Gym Help Thread

Quote: (06-03-2011 11:24 PM)Sammy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2011 08:00 AM)Moma Wrote:  

I am looking for viable alternatives to protein, natural. I want to move away from the protein powder and get it exclusively from food. What combinations can I use, mixing vegetable protein and animal protein to get a surplus of 200 grams per day so I can gain optimal lean muscle?

Getting 200g of protein from food shouldn't be all that difficult. Eggs, chicken, canned tuna, lean beef, milk - all good sources of natural protein.

Milk gets a bad reputation, but I've always found it a great way to get some good quality calories, and it's cheap as well. Not sure what your budget is like, but I like to take it in to consideration. I'm not sure what your ethnicity is, but I've heard of some black guys having a rough time drinking a lot of milk. (Gas and farts mostly, nothing serious.)

Avoid vegetable protein - soy is one of the worst foods you can put into your body as a man. Lowers testosterone. The "soy food as health food" is one of the biggest myths around right now. Soy does have it's uses if you're lactose intolerant, but that's about it.

I am confused about why you'd want to move away from protein powders. Whey protein is perfectly natural - it's a by product of making cheese that has no other use (curds and whey). I don't think your main protein source should be whey powder, but it's a valuable addition to your diet. If you're concerned about quality, I've always found "Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey" to be a great product.

Does that answer your question?

Not really, whey doesn't work with me, I feel terrible and I've tried every kind under the moon. I don't drink milk (fcuks me up)..so all that is left is goat meat, beef, chicken..and I live in Canada so that shyt costs an arm and a leg..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Messages In This Thread