rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NY-Beta-Times Discovers "Ghosting" and Flaking

NY-Beta-Times Discovers "Ghosting" and Flaking

Quote: (07-01-2015 08:26 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

This is the new age of dating cowardice and women are leading the charge. Rather than communicate or break things off, people now would rather just drop off the grid completely and avoid any sort of conflict or resolution - because it's "easier." I'm sure we've all experienced "ghosting" in one form or another.

I had a series of dates with a girl a few weeks ago that was going perfectly fine. Sent a follow up text afterward, and... radio silence. Often this happens for seemingly no reason at all. But the truth is that something wasn't quite working and the other person didn't have the courage to say something.

"Lesser" ghosting, an art my ex had honed... is essentially ignoring or not replying to texts at all, only to resurface half a day, a day, or longer. I think we'd consider this normal behavior when meeting new people or in the stages of dating, but not in a full blown relationship. When you're face to face with someone, it's a lot harder to ignore a conversation. Texting gives the user a lot more control, seeing as you can choose when, how, or if you respond at all.

Better off just calling from now on.

Not sure if you're aware, but phone calls are just as easy to ignore as texts.

Someone wrote up a pretty insightful theory a while back on here about the current state of women and dating describing them as "dismissive/avoidant." I forget the user but it was a pretty accurate observation. I'm not going to say that this is a woman-only thing because we certainly do it too, but obviously women do this a lot more than man for multiple reasons. First and foremost they simply get more traffic and have more options than men so it's purely numbers. Secondly women are far less confrontational and far more self-centered and ego-driven. Lastly they are far more likely to "go with the breeze" instead of accepting responsibility or recognizing and honoring investments.

Messages In This Thread