rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NY-Beta-Times Discovers "Ghosting" and Flaking

NY-Beta-Times Discovers "Ghosting" and Flaking

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/fashio...tment.html

Quote:Quote:

What’s Ghosting?

Ghost, a word more commonly associated with Casper, the boy who saw dead people and a 1990 movie starring Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze, has also come to be used as a verb that refers to ending a romantic relationship by cutting off all contact and ignoring the former partner’s attempts to reach out.

Who’s Doing It?

The term has already entered the polling lexicon: In October 2014, a YouGov/Huffington Post poll of 1,000 adults showed that 11 percent of Americans have “ghosted” someone. A more informal survey from Elle magazine that polled 185 people found that about 16.7 percent of men and 24.2 percent of women have been ghosts at some point in their lives.

The best part...

Quote:Quote:

Kate Eberstadt, 23, a multidisciplinary artist who admits to ghosting more times than she can count, can testify to this kind of avoidance. She recalled meeting a man while with a group of friends, exploring art galleries together and spending an entire night talking to him when he showed up at the bar where she worked. He later asked her out to dinner.

“I couldn’t bring myself to respond,” Ms. Eberstadt wrote in an email from Germany. “I was not emotionally available. I could have explained this to him, but did not want to for fear of coming off, and potentially being written off, as overly complicated.”

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

We all know if you number close a bitch, there is maybe a 10-20% change she will actually respond, and even girls you are fucking are liable to go ghost any time you try to initiate contact with them. This has been well documented for years on the forum, which only proves how old and out of touch the audience for the NYtimes was for "recently discovering such a troubling phenomenon" which was started by young Americunts who have more contacts than they have hours in a day.

Messages In This Thread