rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

I've come across some solid pieces of advice and methods in regards to bodyweight training throughout this forum, but have not yet seen a thread dedicated to it.

We have the lifter's lounge which is good, but how about a place to exchange some thoughts specific to the matter of bodyweight workouts?

Here's the thing. I love to train with weights. But I do see the advantages of mixing in some bodyweight exercises into my workouts.

Additionally, I am voluntarily taking a break from the gym (particularly weight training) for 2 months very soon, but I still want to stay in good shape during this time. I've still got some leaning out to do and to take up some bodyweight workouts seems like a win-win; I see it as a good way to shake things up.

I've always done pullups and pushups and others in my workouts, but this time I will have my workouts composed of 100% bodyweight exercises.

Do you guys have any specific routines you'd like to share?

I'm going to be limited and not going to be able to use any gym equipment whatsoever, so no pullups for me. I don't mind this for now because my back could use some rest.

One solid routine I've done before is alternate between the following: Air squats, pushups, moving planks, and crunches in that order until I can't do anymore. Small minute breaks where necessary, usually takes me about 15-20 minutes.

I'm going to mix things up with some of the following, I like this video below. Also, found another one giving some solid advice on how to actually do your bodyweight exercises... Don't just do fast pushups, do them slowly, and exhaust yourself rep by rep.

Messages In This Thread