rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hair loss question

Hair loss question

I'm not sure where else to put this, so I'll try posting it here. I'm 36 years old and have some frontal hair loss - I'm what the dermatologist calls a "diffuse Norwood A variant" where I don't have a receding hairline but just generalized thinning in the front. My hair basically looks a bit like this picture except my thinning doesn't extend nearly as far back as this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/Mn8M7.jpg

I'm currently treating it with Nizoral shampoo and Rogaine to stabilize the loss and hopefully regrow some - I'm not sure at all that I want to use pills. Getting the money for a HT wouldn't be a huge problem but would require careful consideration and a lot of research.

I currently rock a #2 guard buzzcut with a beard and it looks OK. The question is - there's this concealer product I tried called Dermmatch which seems to work really well with my type of diffuse loss - it takes a few minutes to apply in the morning, makes it look like I have very little loss at all, and seems like it would be very hard to detect. It also seems to stay put pretty well even when it gets somewhat wet.

In my position, would you use this product sparingly in profile pics on social/dating sites or whatever to make the loss a little less obvious, until hopefully the meds work more or I go the HT route, or is that a bad idea? Women use metric tons of makeup to cover their bad skin, and extensions and perfect lighting and angles and digital image filters to make themselves look good in photos - it seems a shame that we can't work the same game a bit.

Messages In This Thread