rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Peru Thread

The Peru Thread

You seem misguided, what makes you think people are going to listen to the perspective of an overly pessimistic and negatively minded simpleton? Maybe my threshold for shitholes and generally bad experiences is just higher than yours as I've actually been to a real shithole (i.e Haiti), but I can't even begin to think you could have had this bad of a trip without most of the problems being caused by you.

I stopped reading your posts awhile ago, so I don't know if you've travelled anywhere else in the world, but your threshold for tolerance of bad service and exploitative tourists practices just makes me laugh. I don't understand how you could plan to come to Latin America with perfect expectations as these things simply go without saying. If anyone thought coming to Latin America was "rainbows and unicorns" in all aspects of life than they are simply idiots, no question about it. Part of the fun (at least for me) about Latin America are the unique qwerks, potential dangers and uncertainties of this place.

The thing about tourist hustlers, scammers and robbers in Peru is that these people can see and sense the easy prey and something tells me that with your outstanding record you could be just that. I've been here much longer than you have and I have not once experienced a robbery, a real scam or anything that would match your hysterics. Sure I've had my own moments, yeah I've had bad service at restaurants, yeah I've had idiot taxistas, and even a close call with a "Pepera" once, but I've had no streak which would come close to your performances here. Maybe it's time for you to take a step back and assess how you are perceived on the street and how you negotiate with people day to day.

Hell this is even coming from someone who has slight ADHD and a lack of awareness at times. I literally walk around here with no fucks given and with my mind in the clouds at times and I still can't match you.

I think the lesson here for people is that you can't be a complete dimwit and come to Peru for several months and expect the same spoon-fed life day-in and day-out that you would back home in your western country. Most would have thought this to be obvious, but appearently we need to put the training wheels back on for y'all.

Messages In This Thread