rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sharp deterioration in UK dating market over the last 12 months

Sharp deterioration in UK dating market over the last 12 months

I have the impression that, even when compared to a year ago, it has become much harder in the UK to get dates/casual bangs, both online and offline. For example, even though the pickings were already pretty slim back then, last summer I was at least able to find a few slim and decent-looking single-mums around my own age to date through social circle game. Fast forward twelve months and even the women that I was a bit sniffy about dating back then now don't want to know, despite the fact that I'm much more confident about approaching random women, including on the street when out about town. I've also been lifting weights for some months now and have some results to show for it - yet, paradoxically, the returns seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer with every passing month that I spend here, irrespective of how I improve my dress, build, posture, how many women I approach, et.c. Curiously, I've been getting a lot of attention from post-menopausal women (please, don't laugh) recently, as well as being eye-fucked by a few a landwhales - every category of women except reasonably slim women in the 30-40 age range (I'm 40, by the way).

I'm left to speculate as to why this should be the case. In the past, I was able to pull 6-7s even in the UK without too much difficulty, even the occasional 8 who was older than me back in my student days. This was also echoed when I lived in Germany and regularly had hot women 10 years my junior from eastern Europe flirt with me quite heavily in my class when I was teaching, although I never acted on it since I was in a serious relationship with a girl at the time. But, shit, how times have changed since then. I feel absolutely fucking invisible here these days, except for the most undesirable category of women, as frustrating and embarrassing as it sounds to have to admit it.

Am I the only one living here who has the impression that, with every passing month, the dating market in the UK for men is getting worse? I have noticed in the past 3 months or so a very disturbing trend that at first I really tried not to notice: A tall, well-dressed and sometimes ripped guy with a very frumpy or even outright obese girlfriend waddling in toe. The scary thing is I'm starting to see these couples ever more frequently now, such that I fear it won't be long before they become the norm. It seems to represent a form of tipping point - a sign of capitulation, perhaps - in which many men have decided that they have no other option but to accept what the market is offering them, calculating that even an increasingly rare slim plain Jane is priced far too highly for their budget. Given the role that social shaming of obesity used to play here, it is perhaps also a sign that it has now become socially acceptable to date warpigs, thus removing the main obstacle for men to give up the last vestige of any control in this market and to well and truly throw in the towel.

Other forum members can accuse me of being unduly pessimistic and a game denialist with this post, yet I can assure you that, if anything, I've been optimistically approaching sets to a delusional degree until very recently - and consistently for months, yet the returns appear to be rapidly diminishing as time progress. It's clear to me that the market dynamics are becoming ever more hostile to men here and that I fear we've now reached an inflection point at which location is the much more important factor in determining game outcome than the practice of game itself.

I'd welcome others opinions on this issue, including contrary ones, since I feel like I'm becoming as unhinged as the market I see everyday around me and cannot help but ask the question, "Is it really this bad, or am I merely imagining this and am perhaps just as deluded myself?".

Messages In This Thread