rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to fall asleep fast : The 4-7-8 breathing method

How to fall asleep fast : The 4-7-8 breathing method

As we all know, recovery is a big part of getting bigger and stronger. A lot of folks complain that they can never get enough quality sleep.

The other day I was reading the blog Lift Run Bang and I stumbled across this article about the 4-7-8 breathing method.

http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2015/01/tot...s-and.html

Basically, you inhale through your nose for 4 counts, hold your breath for 7 counts, and exhale out your mouth for 8 counts. Rinse and repeat 4 times. For whatever reason, the breathing pattern greatly slows your heart rate and mimics the sort of circulatory slowdown that is caused by sleep. I wouldn't know, but apparently it also works for anxiety.

Here's a video that shows what it looks like.

I've been using it for the past couple weeks with great success. I work terrible night shift hours and, although I use bright light therapy to wake up in the "morning" and regulate my sleep cycle, I find that the 4-7-8 breathing method allows me to calm down and fall asleep within 10 minutes of using it. This has been a real game changer for me, I've wasted a lot less time trying to get to sleep and I can consistently plan when I wake up.

Give it a shot.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread