rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Christopher Hitchens managed to piss off feminists too

Christopher Hitchens managed to piss off feminists too

I respect the man, even if I disagree on numerous points.
But let's be honest, most of his fans would not idolize him so much if he did not have that wonderful accent. If he came from Tennessee for instance he would have much less renown.

Quote: (02-19-2015 01:35 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2015 03:24 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

This man is a personal hero to me. He drank and smoked during debates and would rip multiple opponents apart during debates, by himself. Extremely eloquent and knowledgeable with a genuine I Don't Give A Fuck attitude.

His book, God Is Not Great, is a must read for the modern man. Instead of philosophically evaluating the merits of religion, he provides a detailed historical analysis of the link between blind faith and destructive, hateful behavior.

This guy was as red pill as they come and never afraid to speak his mind. Be lays the smackdown on christians, muslims and feminists all the same.

When I was an atheist God Is Not Great was my go-to guide. Later after researching it I discovered he exaggerated a lot of the stuff in it and made plenty of tenuous claims (for example, a lot of the stuff he says about Christianity and Nazism).

Hitchens was interesting and often entertaining but a lot of the things he wrote in that book aren't accurate.
His admiration of Trotsky is something people really harangue him for to this day.

What stiff was exaggerated in his book exactly? I am aware that Hitler was vehemently anti-Christian (it's a Jewish import after all), and atheists like Sam Harris point that out.

Messages In This Thread