rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Parks and Recreation and MTV Overplay Their Hand On "MRA"-Based Jokes

Parks and Recreation and MTV Overplay Their Hand On "MRA"-Based Jokes

Backstory:

So apparently a recent episode of Parks and Recreation made fun of "Men's Rights Activists" (which, of course, very-few-to-none of us here consider ourselves to be--including myself). I tried to find a clip, but could find little more than animated gifs at this point. In short, it seems Amy Poehler's character's husband runs for some kind of office, and somewhere in all of that she gives a speech at some pie-eating contest--which I guess is probably funny if you spend the other 23 hours of the day staring at an iPhone screen to avoid eye contact with all the rapists on the subway during rush hour.

MRAs show up to the rally--one of them played by what one commenter called a "famous white knight"-- to protest the husband's pussy behavior and hold up signs. This is supposed to be the killer line from the episode:

[Image: giphy.gif]

MTV's website posted an article written by this prize, a Kase Wickman:

[Image: attachment.jpg24680]   

Partial body shot (WNB):

[Image: attachment.jpg24685]   

[Image: barf.gif]

Titled "Amy Poehler Just Crushed Men’s Rights Activists With Last Night’s ‘Parks And Recreation," the article telegraphs the content without having to click the link, but feel free.

That much is predictable.

Overplayed hand:

What's less predictable is the firestorm in the comments. Sure, you can attribute this to a certain number of so-called "MRAs" stepping in (and there are some talking-point-sounding comments that suggest it was written by a card-carrying "MRA") but, I'm astounded at the diversity of objections--and, more importantly, to the exclusion of the you-go-girl endorsements you'd expect.

Keep in mind this is on the MTV website, not some remote corner of the Internet.

Some highlights:

[Image: attachment.jpg24681]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24682]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24683]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24684]   

I've long said that, given enough rope, the fads of Tumblr feminism, internet mob enforcement, and media you-go-girlism would hang themselves. I keep seeing sign and after sign that this process is no longer a distant fantasy. I expect to see more and more pushback on this kind of noise.

Note for Newbies: This is how you share a news article. If an article is not worth this much work, you probably shouldn't be posting it. Especially note the pictures of the female "author" and my WB-WNB verdict.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread