rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama to propose two free years of community college for students

Obama to propose two free years of community college for students

So thats what he's doing in Knoxville today.

Tennessee offered 2 years of free community college starting last year. Its pretty awesome and cleans the chumps out of the process via hoops (I work with the program itself so I know) Here are the following ways to get booted out of the program:
- fail to provide your community service hours
- fail to file the forms each year in college
- fail to report income
- plain old fail your academics

The whole process requires students to have their shit together in general so fuckwits get booted out of the program in the application phase. You can't be a lazy piece of shit and get through it.

Last, who pays for all of this? Gamblers. The entire thing is cost zero to the state and is funded from the state lottery fund. The money previously went into grants to pay for underprivelidged university kids but the value per student was low because tuition costs for 4 years are so high, you can get more degrees/dollar out of community college.

I hope that this doesn't fly federally because no way its going to be as well thought out or cost neutral.

PS, they can't even come up with their own damn name. Its the "tennessee promise" and they are calling this 'america's promise'

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread