rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russell Crowe gets hamsters spinning on age-appropriate roles for actresses

Russell Crowe gets hamsters spinning on age-appropriate roles for actresses

Rusty is getting flamed by Slate and (who else?) Jezebel because he had the audacity to call out some of the bullshit that female actresses engage in when they complain "there's no roles for older women."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/boo...7175929155

Quote:Quote:

“The best thing about the industry I’m in — movies — is that there are roles for people in all different stages of life. To be honest, I think you’ll find that the woman who is saying that [the roles have dried up] is the woman who at 40, 45, 48, still wants to play the ingenue, and can’t understand why she’s not being cast as the 21-year-old.

“Meryl Streep will give you 10,000 examples and arguments as to why that’s bullsh*t, so will Helen Mirren, or whoever it happens to be. If you are willing to live in your own skin, you can work as an actor. If you are trying to pretend that you’re still the young buck when you’re my age, it just doesn’t work.

“I have heard of an actress, part of her fee negotiation was getting the number of children she was supposed to have lessened. Can you believe this? This [character] was a woman with four children, and there were reasons why she had to have four children — mainly, she lived in a cold climate and there was nothing to do but fornicate all day — so quit arguing, just play the role!

“The point is, you do have to be prepared to accept that there are stages in life. So I can’t be the Gladiator forever.”

While Crowe's got the benefit of not hitting the Wall as hard or fast as women his age, this was pretty no-nonsense stuff.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread