rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Coup Plot In Gambia By US "Soldiers Of Fortune" Revealed

Coup Plot In Gambia By US "Soldiers Of Fortune" Revealed

Quote: (01-06-2015 05:32 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

For the guys reading this with a military or history background, i'm curious as a thought experiment, what do you think it would take overthrow that ruler and hold/run the country (assuming no foreign countries or groups invade in return) ?

The difficulty is not in overthrowing a leader, but rather, re-establishing centralized control once they are out of the picture.

I enjoyed watching the Tom Cruise film Valkyrie, because it gives some idea of how complicated the organization of a coup truly is.

Usually, militaries are in the best possible position to impose a coup, since they hold de facto control of a country. It's very understandable why the architects of the US system made it damn well clear that the military was not to engage in internal security.

To successful engage in a coup, you'd need a recognizable figure that the people would turn to for leadership, were the existing leadership cease to hold the reigns.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread