rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men paying for weddings

Men paying for weddings

Quote: (01-03-2015 06:23 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

This thread seems to start with an assumption.

Do men pay in modern society? I assumed most of these events were a couples' thing (finance-wise), and since plenty of couples live together before getting married, I've even witnessed them joining efforts to save up for it. Unless there's an obvious salary gap in the relationship

How much time do you spend on THIS planet? Just kidding. In my experience, "joint" savings = the guys savings since she spends everything she makes on nail salon visits, shoes, dinners out, and $6 starbucks lattes. And "obvious salary gap" is an ancient phrase translated from the original Aramaic and which loosely translated means "every heterosexual relationship under the sun".

Not trying to be flip; you're a very accomplished poster. But to answer your and the OP's question: Yes, men pay. This started when couples started marrying older: A 22 yr old won't be able to pay for the wedding and daddy, who is at his peak earning power, will pay. But when the groom is 36 and the bride is 34 and the father of the bride is nearly 70, its not fair to ask the old dude to pay. And since the unwritten rule of all things women is that some man must pay the bill, that leaves the groom.

Messages In This Thread