rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NY Times: Single Moms, Not College Students, More Likely to be Raped

NY Times: Single Moms, Not College Students, More Likely to be Raped

Quote: (12-23-2014 01:32 AM)DrewP Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2014 03:08 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Thats 0.0025%. Keep in mind this does not reflect actual convictions or false convictions - simply crime reports. You have a better chance of having an IQ over 150 or being drafted into major league sports from High School* than being a female rape victim.
* http://www.norwichcsd.org/Downloads/ProSportsOdds.doc

To play devil's advocate, it's actually 0.025%, and that's only one year's worth. Over the course of an 80-year lifetime, the probability of reporting a rape is then 1-(1-.00025)^80 = 1.98%.

Feminists claim that 1 in 5 women are raped at college. Just to get to 1 in 5 women being raped in their entire lives, you'd have to assume that all rape reports are true, and that 90% of rapes go unreported. Obviously the assumptions would have to get even more outrageous to jive with their college "statistic."

CONCLUSION: Feminists either have zero research skills, have no numerate individuals among their ranks, or willfully spread misinformation. I think it's some combination of the three.

Not quite.
There surely aren't very many 80 year old women being raped
or 1 year old girls.
You should instead factor it by 20 years instead of 80, since the ages between 15-35 is where pretty much all rapes happen.
I'm not a math whizz, but if you could plug that in, I'm sure your rate will drop significantly.

Messages In This Thread