rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Legend of Korra

Legend of Korra

Quote: (12-20-2014 04:58 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I was floored. Flabbergasted. Astounded. Dumbfounded.

Did that just happen?

A vacation, just the two of us.
*hand hold*
*stare at each other*

I mean the fan blogs were hoping it would happen, but I never thought that Nickelodeon would actually allow something like that to happen. Even if it was just suggested, it was blatant if you're older than 8.

The series was thoroughly feminist, in that women can be heroes and villains and mothers and everything else. But not feminist in terms that would make mouth breathing misogynists flip out. It's kinda like having a Black Storm Tropper. If racists find that offensive, that says a lot more about them than it does about the so-called Social Justice Warrior Agenda.

Overall, the Legend of Korra wasn't as good as Avatar. It has little to do with the feminism and overall message.

WIA

I have to admit I am a sucker for the Avatar show - but the original Avatar. I like the story, the world and the Avatar state despite it's obvious childishness. I watched it together sometimes with my young cousins.

Korra was a feminist fuckpiece from the get-go, where they stuffed ever more SJW-themes into the crap. They made even massive story-telling blunders and practically changed the world and the entire vibe of the show.

Not only was the original Aang just a learning Avatar barely mastering his full powers, but she was supposed to be much older and yet gets regularly getting her ass handed to her by enemies who could not possibly have defeated Aang later on.

In the last series she spent her days fighting with her emotions, cutting her hair short and in the end only succeeding with the major help of all others. Obama's "You did not earn or make it yourself." comes to mind. It's every bloody SJW dream to only succeed in a united mob, because individually they are nothing. She actually "defeated" her fucking last female enemy just via talking about her bloody emotions! That's girl-power for you - a deluded crazy mass-murdering power-hungry bitch is just convinced to surrender by kind words. Women are such reasonable creatures - heh.

And to top the crap off they made her into a lesbian in the end. It's possible that the main villain Kuvera was a lesbian too, who was just pissed off because she could not live her "true self" in the Avatar world.

Well done - the next Batman will be gay or transsexual.

Messages In This Thread