rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Legend of Korra

Legend of Korra

I was floored. Flabbergasted. Astounded. Dumbfounded.

Did that just happen?

A vacation, just the two of us.
*hand hold*
*stare at each other*

I mean the fan blogs were hoping it would happen, but I never thought that Nickelodeon would actually allow something like that to happen. Even if it was just suggested, it was blatant if you're older than 8.

The series was thoroughly feminist, in that women can be heroes and villains and mothers and everything else. But not feminist in terms that would make mouth breathing misogynists flip out. It's kinda like having a Black Storm Tropper. If racists find that offensive, that says a lot more about them than it does about the so-called Social Justice Warrior Agenda.

Overall, the Legend of Korra wasn't as good as Avatar. It has little to do with the feminism and overall message.

WIA

Quote: (12-20-2014 03:07 PM)alexdagr81 Wrote:  

Did anyone here watch this? I'll admit it was probably the only show I watched outside of sports.

I know liberals are praising it to high heaven for all but implying a happy ending lesbian relationship with the main character (especially SJW "shipping"). You can tell they tried to get as close as they could.

The show (and it predecessor) also had a feminist message. I would say it wasn't too preachy, but if you thought about for like 2 seconds you would realize it's a feminist show.

Especially the last two seasons women were featured prominently. It was no accident that the final villain was a woman (though they didn't kill her, and men in her situation would've died no matter what)

I know the users here might be put off by the show. I do find one thing interesting to note about all the girl power: everyone behind the show was male. The writers, the producers, the directors, even the composer: all men. It puts things into perspective of the feminism of the show. If you reverse the sexes, things start to make sense.

Messages In This Thread