rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

(ERs) Emergency rooms in other countries?

(ERs) Emergency rooms in other countries?

Hello all, just this morning I had to take a family member to the emergency room to a hospital in Los Angeles county and it was a fucked up experience. We ended up having to wait more than 4 hours to just speak with the doctor despite my family member throwing up continuously and having the worst stomach pain she's ever had in her life. But what was also sad was there were several babies in there crying, some old as guy in his 60's also barfing, just a bunch of fucked up people ALL WAITING due to no available doctors and this is supposed to be a first world country with world class healthcare? The workers were rude and bitchy (although to be fair to them, they're probably overworked and stressed). It got me thinking what emergency rooms were like in other countries, especially areas that are popular on this forum like EE and SEA as well as the rest of Asia and Europe (since I plan on visiting both next year)

Any horror stories, tips, good resources on how to find reputable hospitals that have good ER and doctors? Are the experiences abroad similar to what I experienced this morning?

Here is a good blog post by Tim Ferris about his nightmare experience in India:

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2011/10/02/b...-stoicism/

Thanks in advance,

Messages In This Thread