rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mentor Matching Thread

Mentor Matching Thread

I was talking to a close friend recently who gets world class mentor training through the company he works for. Someone who has already succeeded in his field guides and helps him through his own development. Unfortunately not all of us have such role models available to us.

I think this would be a great idea for the RVF to build each other up and help each other succeed.

How I see it would be someone asks for personal mentoring in one specific area. Someone else who has proven and successful experience in this area helps them out with advice and direction. Certain goals are made and people are expected to track and perform so they don't abuse the mentors time and efforts.

As such I am offering mentoring to someone who either is struggling in the oil sands (or moving here) or is looking to get in shape and/or quit drinking. I know excellent threads on both these subjects already exist but I think one-on-one personal advice can be invaluable. These are two areas I feel that I can offer some valuable advice in.

If they live in Edmonton I will meet them when I am around town to either hit the gym with them or help them with work - whichever their goal. If not I am happy to Skype. I will chose whoever shows the most promise and a commitment to improve themselves.

On the other side I was hoping for someone on here who is older and successful in business/personal development to take me under their wing for 6 months - 1 year. I would ask for specific advice that I don't want to post on the forum and we exchange monthly PMs that track progress based on the advice they give. I would highly respect their time and effort along with great appreciation.

If you wish to either offer or avail of either of these please contact me my PM and I will get back to you.

I was hoping that other people on here could follow suit and either offer help in an area they have proven success in or request help in an area that they are struggling with. I think this could greatly benefit both parties and help people on here to develop strong friendship and personal bonds with each other outside the forums.

If you are looking for me to mentor you please include some info on what you have done so far, where you are at at the moment and what you are hoping to achieve. I won't be judging past failures, the purpose is to see how who is best suited for me to help them.
A well thought out PM shows you respect my time as well as your own. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread