rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Siege of San Salvador

The Siege of San Salvador

Quote: (12-09-2014 07:11 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2014 03:51 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2014 03:25 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2014 10:24 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Great thread. It seems like you guys are having a great time. I want to go, but people tell me its very dangerous especially for us mexicanos. Mexican people are hated with a passion down there and although I'm from the U.S. my Mexican Spanish accent gives it away. Still willing to go there and game me some Salvadorenas.

Good job guys. +1 from me.

Have any of the people who tell you how dangerous it is ever been there? I have. If you do what I said earlier in the thread, you should be fine.

Yeah I should know better as a person who gets bombarded with fear mongering on Mexican cartels from friends and family every time I go to Mexico. I go anyway regardless. The people who tell me are just Mexicans who have had experiences with Salvadorians in the U.S. There's like a big gripe between both countries, similar with the whole Japan and China thing.

I should go, and I have no idea why I haven't gone yet. Its not that more expensive than Mexico in terms of flying. I should give it a try next year and squeeze it in with my schedule.

I was pretty sure I knew the answer to my question, but was just looking for confirmation. It's funny how people who never visit a particular place often act like they are the world's foremost experts on that place. I deal with Salvadorans day in and day out and I don't know if I have ever heard any of them say anything negative about Mexico or Mexicans. I don't know how easy/cheap it is to get to El Salvador from Chicago, but it is cheap and convenient to get there from the D.C. area. It's one of the most popular international destinations and Taca runs many direct flights daily from Dulles to San Salvador. Everywhere I have been in Central American has been much easier than Mexico and has had equal or better talent. There's something that puts me at a huge disadvantage in Mexico that I for some reason am unable to figure out.

Interesting. I never knew there was a big Salvadoran community in DC, that explains the cheapness and convenience of the flights. I've only met one Salvadoran in my whole life in Chicago so I don't have much experience with them or their women. But there is a big gripe between them especially in LA. The Salvadorans probably won't say anything bad in public or openly but resentment is there which mostly stems from soccer, politics and border relations. The reason for the resentment is because Mexico kind of looks down on the Central American countries, enforces its border pretty good and openly portrays them in the media as uncivilized people with no culture. Mexico is seeing kind of as a bully and a father like country who keeps them on them on a leash in a way. Every time the Mexico soccer team plays El Salvador in San Salvador, the Mexican team and Mexican sports journalists need bodyguards because it gets really ugly as lynch mobs develop yelling "kill these Mexicans," and stuff like that. This is where I'm coming from. Its mostly from word of mouth and the Mexican media. No real experience. Its part of the reason why I'm hesitant to go, because I'm not sure how a proud Salvadoran dude would react if he finds out that a Mexican dude from the U.S. is smashing his women. In reality though, I think all of that is a wash. Thanks for confirming the safety of it. I'm an adventurer myself and have been to some "dangerous" places before.

Its weird you say that about Mexico. I tend to find it for the most part easy. It could be the cities people choose to go to as guys have also said that they find Mexico somewhat hard. To me Mexico City and Guadalajara, Playa del Carmen are too mainstream. Most of the guys on the forum go to those 3 places mainly. I like going deep into Mexico like Guanajuato, Zacatecas, Sinaloa, Queretaro, Aguascalientes and places like that. The attitudes of the girls in these places tend to be very different than attitudes from the girls in GDL and Mexico City. It could be that.

I'll definitely put San Salvador on my list. Seems like a chill country, will probably hit Honduras at the same time as well while I'm at it.

Messages In This Thread