rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the 1-to-10 Scale Pointless?

Is the 1-to-10 Scale Pointless?

I, for one, have come to the slow realization that the 1-to-10 scale for rating women is utterly useless. A few things have led to this conclusion:

It seems we have to account for taste after all.
Beauty is more-or-less objective, so I used to have a fantasy that we could come up with a more-or-less objective standard for talking about women. And while I, and others, have accounted for some degree of personal taste in their versions of the scale, there seems to be such a massive difference in ratings everywhere the subject comes up (including the forum) that I'm starting to think it's impossible. Guys also have a fundamental misunderstanding of the scale's purpose, saying such ridiculous things as a "Washington DC 7" or calling for a "binary scale" where 1 means bang and 0 means WNB. End of story.

Guys rate their own catches high and others' low. Big-ballerism is rampant.
I have a couple of friends who routinely rate their own catches as "near-model quality" and everyone else's shit as unremarkable "6s." I used to get annoyed until I realized they really believe that shit. I can only conclude that they feel so good about what they've managed to get that they can't view their chicks objectively. Then, in order for their overblown ratings to continue to make sense, they need to downgrade other (your) chicks. You, of course, also occasionally run into dudes who are simply subconscious haters who diss on your catches simply out of jealousy. Lastly, you get guys who will hide behind travel or foreignness to validate their big-baller claims that "in XYZ-place-where-they-live, that girl would be a 6.5."

Most guys can't extrapolate.
There are several examples even in this forum, where if you don't show a guy a girl at her absolute best, they automatically grade her as sub-standard. They're unable to see through an unflattering image, an unpolished gem, or bad lighting for legitimate symmetry and beauty. They also have this distorted online scale where they'll rate a girl a 6 on the computer, while they would rate that same girl an 8 if they were to see her in person. I've heard guys say that a girl "can go from a 6 to 9 with some makeup and heels." That means she really wasn't a 6, or really isn't a 9, as far I'm concerned.

Conversely, guys are easily fooled by camera tricks.
On the other side of the coin, I see guys routinely overrate girls who are obviously slathered in makeup, have been touched up with Photoshop, or are sporting some rock-hard plastic titties. In one extreme case, a member rated a tranny a 7. Guys can't see past deceptive tactics well enough to make reliable ratings.

It's mental masturbation that breeds pointless arguments.
What difference, really, does a .5 make in the overall scheme of things? Things are certainly more complicated than 1 and 0, but is it even possible to agree on what's more-than-cute? How do you account for intangibles? There are "objective" 7s who I've enjoyed a ton, and objective 8s who I can't stand for more than 5 seconds. Some guys don't care if a giant ass is fake, but it's a deal-breaker for others (including me). Some dudes will drool over Asian girls with no body or sexiness.

I think it might be time to let go of the 1-to-10. What do you guys think?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread