rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Net Neutrality: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?

Net Neutrality: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?

Quote: (11-11-2014 08:49 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Net neutrality would mean that companies like Netflix and Google (youtube) don't have to pay extra so their services aren't neutered in comparison to an ISP's related product. Say Comcast and it's VOD cable system.

This is something that should be forced on ISPS. When I pay money to get 5mbps, I should be getting that with Netflix and Netflix shouldn't have to be forced to pay extra for access to advertised service that I have already. It's a cheap way to double dip for extra cash.

Although, I don't trust our government anymore. Who knows what BS will be stuck into the law.

It's also an issue in Canada. The ISPs here routinely throttle speeds for YouTube browsing and Netflix (funny enough now the two biggest telecom companies are launching their own version of Netflix for the same price, I bet that will stream extremely smoothly). But as you said trusting the government to fix this issue means that they will sneak some more BS into those laws.

Messages In This Thread