rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist asks Reddit to rate her appearance... "it went terribly"

Feminist asks Reddit to rate her appearance... "it went terribly"

An insecure feminist goes to Reddit in the hopes of validation but is rudely disappointed to find out that most men do not think she is attractive.

http://www.xojane.com/issues/reddit-rate-me-board

[Image: 921c7fa4f0b1c91785fcb697920cda6245910195.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

Within minutes of publishing my “Rate Me” post -- complete with seven photos from my OKCupid profile -- the scores came pouring in. At first, most of them were super uplifting. It was nice to hear that people thought I was attractive and pretty, even if the happiness it gave me was rather fleeting. I was getting scores that totally matched up with how I felt about myself, and I was happy to know that I was not unreasonably self-confident.

That same night, I went out to a bar with some friends. Between laughter and sips of beer, I would casually check up on my Reddit post for updated scores. I watched as the ratings quickly dipped from 7s and 8s to “just alright,” “fat and average,” and “a solid 3.” It hit me like a train; all the negativity piled on, and it seemed to be an obvious explanation for all of the reasons I had failed in life, especially in love. I felt queasy attempting to digest that reality.

[Image: isPJVGA.gif]

This is what she learned from finding out from others that she could be prettier if she were to lose weight:

Quote:Quote:

My fat ass isn’t going away any time soon, so the world might as well get used to it. And I never want to care what anyone else thinks of it again.

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

Messages In This Thread