rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1+ years in Singapore - Datasheet
+ years in Singapore - Datasheet
Nice one Cyclone mate, obviously would rep you if I hadn't already. I was meaning to post an update to my own Singapore thread as quite a lot has changed over the last few months with new places opening and others dying off. However I think I will probably tag that update onto this thread instead to add onto what you've already written above. I probably come from a slightly different slant and there are a number of other bars & clubs/nights I would mention such as The Exchange, Kilo, Monarchy/ME, Fclub, Vault, Bang Bang and Chateaux amongst others as well as some warehouse & ad hoc recurring parties/nights that are organised.

Couple of other areas worth mentioning as well such as Robertson Quay and Circular Road (soon to be the new club street since the Kyo owners bought the entire street, although progress has slowed as they're having trouble with moving out the existing dodgy gogo bars - ). Also well worth a mention is Jian Jak road for Cufflink, Marikos and Limehouse (bouncing pre-Kyo on a Thursday)

Important note to add however is that Pangaea is DEAD now, do not bother going on any night as there's no one there. My how the mighty have fallen. It is oddly still not yet closed but will/should be soon. My sources tell me they're planning a refurb but when that will happen I'm not sure, they took their eye off the ball with the Singapore nightclub while focusing on their newly launched Delhi club and planned Manila club opening also (that one should be interesting). Note however a few of their senior staff have clubbed together to launch the latest hot venue 'Bang Bang' and attaching Match Bar at Pan Pacific (replacing the now defunct Mink & Royal Room). I was there Friday night for the first time, it was good but nothing on the old Pangaea but it's still establishing itself. I will give it a few more shots to get a better feel for it before I write it up my opinion on here. Also worthy of a mention is the hot tipped club 'Cloud' on Orchard opening soon, hearing a lot of noise about this one.

For pick up venues - and for my particular brand of nightgame - I would now put Kyo on Thursday night solidly top of my list [Image: wink.gif] and also Exchange at Asia Sq to kick off ladies night on a Wednesday. Both these venues used to be RIDICULOUSLY good for chicks but have since been 'discovered'. However they still remain pretty reliable. Ku De Ta Wednesday night a must, but again used to be better. Bang Bang is looking decent for pick up at the weekend, I will confirm on that. Drinks & Co on club st is pretty darn good given the nature of the way the place works (ie like an upscale off licence) and Kyo is now the prime location club to bounce the chicks for the 'afterparty' from club st to finish the job now it has got granted it's late license on Friday & Saturday night. Kyo also is probably the best place for pick up if you're rocking a table given how the tables layout merge nicely into the human traffic. Pangaea used to be ideal for this...long may it rest in peace :-\n
Definitely agree on Mad Men bar being ideal for Day 2s, there;s a few other places I will suggest also. I also agree with all the 'stay away froms' with the exception of Duxton however. It's gone through some changes recently and has a faily similar expat style crowd to Club St. There are a cracking few bars on the hill such as Luca Loco and Life is beautiful and lots of day 2 for drinks/food - tho I particularly like doing my Day2s here given the proximity to my apartment [Image: pimp.gif] I'm wondering if you were referring to the other parts of duxton ie little korea on tanjong pagar road or the dodgy bars and gay district on Neil road?

Anyway, I'll draft something more comprehensive up to tag onto your good work above and also link in my existing datasheet so we can have a consolidated comprehensive RVF Singapore guide in one place

Good to have you back in town man, we should get a drink some night and tryout some of our above recommendations

[Image: highfive.gif]

Irish

Messages In This Thread