rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Borneo Report

Borneo Report

Quote: (11-07-2018 04:04 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

I took a weeks rest in Sabah while working remote sites in the philippines, and its an interesting off the western tourist trail Island.

It is full of korean and chinese tourists however.

I stayed in KK and the had fortune with the philipino girls who come here for work - they away from home and lonely and horny.

The scuba diving is first class, just a short boat trip from the harbour, I did a lot of cheap quality diving here.

Koreans are annoying, hard to game and often with soy boy on honeymoon.

Got to see the tribes with shrunken heads in a village, and orangutans in the wild.

Worth a look.

I just took a trip to KK last week.

I have to co sign with everything written especially about the Filipinas working in KK. They are eager to meet and have no qualms coming back to your place. Just like in the Philippines.

When I landed I fired up tinder I was getting matches left and right. Surprisingly even more than in Manila on a typical day. Most of the matches came from Filipinas first, then western women, Malaysians, Thai, and some sprinkled northeast Asians.

I guess not many western men make it to this part of the world.

Second the infrastructure was great. Clean modern airport with direct flights to over 30 cities. Immigration took only 5 minutes to pass through. All around downtown is easily walkable. Internet is great and inexpensive. Free internet in City Park, beside City Hall if you are in that area. Also a great meeting point since they also have the Sunday Market in that area and on Friday and Saturday a Food Market in Chinatown. You have the boardwalk, 4-5 malls downtown Imago, Oceanus, Suria Sabah are the major ones.

Third food and living cost is inexpensive. Cost slightly cheaper or on par with most major Philippine cities in but with a significantly much better quality of life.

Top notch beaches and nature surrounding the area.

Its great place to chill for a couple of months and relax from the hustle and bustle of most Southeast Asian cities. Without the traffic, air pollution, honking horns, erratic drivers, barking dogs, crowing roosters, etc., you get the idea.

I'm seriously considering staying there at least 3 months next time I visit.

Messages In This Thread