rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

As I approach 30 things I wish I knew when I was 20

As I approach 30 things I wish I knew when I was 20

People will choose to experience significant discomfort to make themselves look good. That means we can all end up with fairly distorted views of reality. In our early 20s, most everyone older is telling lies and everyone our own age is trying to figure out up from down. Hopefully this debunks a least one piece of crap for someone out there.

Bottom half relates to picking up chicks but this is more of a lifestyle/perspective post than any explicit advice.

On Health & Money (inseparable in my opinion)

Most lifestyle choices can be judged by their impact on improving or disrupting sleep (only from the perspective an existing healthy circadian rhythm.)

Drink lots of water. A little coffee and green tea is good too.

Most guys that get big and ripped when they are young stay big and get fat when they stop strength training.

Depression can be the result of nutritional, exercise, and social deficiencies. All three are very much worth fixing.

By 30 most people, male and female, will begin to experience health problems if they don't take care of themselves.

Alcohol and loud music exist to make business owners money not to help you get laid.

Drinking alcohol will fog your thinking the next day. Smart people can fake their way through it but will still produce lower quality output.

Most people over-extend themselves in order to get ahead. When life changing opportunities appear they are unable to take them.

Politics is entirely about money and fundraising. It offers no personal advantage for those who are not consultants or waiting in line for a political appointment.

Government policy is unspeakable and politically incorrect. Higher level periodicals give a realistic glance on this.

Libertarians who don't own their own businesses are at risk for regulatory shock.

Sharp people that spend their 20s in urban cities gain an intellectual advantage over smart people who do not.

Money matters only as much as the free time it releases to you.

Most people have no goals and wander through life like driftwood pulled through rapids.

Young people should look closely at old people as counter examples of what they do not wish to become.

Having calm and clarity are worthwhile goals and difficult to obtain.

On Females (American)

Most males put more effort in to making other people think they are getting laid than actually getting laid.

As such, most males are neither getting laid very often or with exceptionally attractive women.

When you think about other males in this context, it is a stretch to be intimidated by them.

Dressing nice in cheap clothes is counterproductive.

The average female's ability to attract attention peaks around 23 but they won't acknowledge it until 25.

After 25 most hot girls tend to be uglier because the cute girls never had an incentive to go to the gym.

By the time you are 30, not a single female you thought was hot while you were in high school or college will still be attractive.

The average female isn't a gold digger: she just wants basic financial security. If a guy gives her too much she will turn in to a gold digger.

Many females think a lot about S&M. Whether 50 Shades of Grey capitalized on this or caused it, I don't know.

A meaningful number of attractive females suffer from anxiety. There is no reason to be nervous around them.

The average college girl spends 10 hours per day on her phone (a computer), making her a bigger geek than I was growing up as a computer nerd.

SMS messages aren't always delivered or received. Especially if you are on iMessage.

If you are a public figure do not install Facebook or Twitter on your phone.

--

Others excluded to minimize controversy.

Messages In This Thread