rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Dominican Republic. A Cautionary Tale?

The Dominican Republic. A Cautionary Tale?

So I spent about two years in the DR. Living on the beach in Cabarete. Playing guitar, surfing and living the good life. I dated and got to know quite a few of the chicas when I was there.

During my last few months there I dated a girl that was essentially living with me. I met her on the beach one day and she basically moved herself in right away. I didn't resist, because at that point really wanted something more stable.

She was very cute and half my age. I'm 40. I was happy with her... for awhile.

During the time I was living with her an ex gf of mine from Panama and I started talking and I went to visit her for about five days. I never told my dominican gf but I found that someone else I knew told her about the incident. She seemed cool about it at first, but weird things started to happen.

For example, one night I was going to sleep at about 1 am and I woke up to an intruder in my bedroom who was snooping through my closet in the exact spot I would always stash my wallet. The only person who could possibly know it would be there was my Dominican gf. I woke up abruptly when I heard the intruder, sat up and yelled "ladrone" (robber) over and over. He ran out of the room and out of my place without taking anything. I suspected my dominican girl might have something to do with this, but in the end chalked it up as a strange coincidence, at least at first.

During my time living there I heard countless tales of different scams dominican girls pulled. Everything from robbery, to marrying guys for visas and even murder. I met one Canadian guy who claims he knew three different guys murdered by Dominican women. I heard these stories, over and over and over.

Anyway, all these stories and my place getting robbed started making me suspicious of my girl and for a variety of reasons decided to leave her and the country rather abruptly. I just sort of felt like she was up to something, although it also very well could have been my over active imagination.

In a way my decision to leave her (it's been about six months) has sort of haunted me, because in a lot of ways she was one of the best girlfriends I've had. She cooked and cleaned. She went to buy groceries and drop off my laundry. She gave me daily massages. The sex was great. She catered on me like no other women I've ever dated has. For awhile it was great.

But something felt off.... and she also wasn't very smart.... so I ended it.

I realize you guys don't know me or her and can't really comment on my specific situation, but does anyone have experience with foreign girls pulling scams either in the DR or elsewhere? It seems like it's one thing hooking up with dominican girls and a whole other thing as far as long term relationships with much different potential pitfalls and issues.

In the end, I just went with my gut and said adios.

Messages In This Thread