rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm going to be a father.

I'm going to be a father.

Holy shit. I'm going to be a father. My fiancee just found out yesterday. I wanted to post on here because it's still way too early to tell people. She's 2 or 3 weeks pregnant at most right now. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now so hopefully typing it out will help a bit.

I'm in grad school right now but will be finished and back at work in 4 months so that's not a big deal at least. She went back to school in September to take an ultrasound tech program and she may or may not be able to finish.

Our wedding is planned for September 2016. We wanted to have a long engagement so we could both finish school completely and save a bit of money together before getting married. We've been together for two years now.

Of course, her getting pregnant was completely unplanned. She's not on birth control. We normally use condoms but around her time of the month, we don't bother and I just pull out. I guess you can still get pregnant that way!

She wanted to wait until after our wedding. To be honest, I'm stoked that she got pregnant now. I'm 28 and she's 25. In my mind, the younger the better for her having kids. I guess now we'll have one kid, get married then have the 2nd one after the wedding. Works fine for me.

My only real fear is providing for a family financially. I don't want her to work. Before starting grad school, I was working as a geologist and making just shy of $100,000 a year but I was working at a mine in Northern Canada. With my MSc, I'll probably earn the same salary as before but working in an office in the city. I won't be graduating with any debt but this program will have hammered my savings to nearly zero. I should be able to graduate with my meager RRSP account in tact but my other savings account will be gone.

Overall, I'm very happy. She's a great girl and one of the few truly good women that I've met. She works in health care and volunteers at the hospital. She doesn't drink very much. She exercises a lot. Her parents were poor Dutch immigrants to Canada but she's worked hard to educate herself and get a decent job. It also helps that she's 5'9, 125 lbs with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. Please, I don't want to hear any "abort it" or "run away" comments. I take responsibility for what happens in my life.

Messages In This Thread