rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Tucker Max Project: The Mating Grounds

New Tucker Max Project: The Mating Grounds

Frost your post on the history of Tucker Max is great.

It's true. Tucker predicted the rise of the manosphere in many ways. Early links on his forum were what lead me Heartsie's site, reading The Game, and lead me to believe talking to women was something you could get better at with the right mindset.

Tucker's legacy goes further in that he discovered Ryan Holiday, who started as 19-year-old kid looking to interview Tucker for his school newspaper.Ryan went on to market the books of Tim Ferriss, Robert Greene, and Neil Strauss. Ryan was the first to troll feminists, geting them to protest Tucker's movie. Ryan developed many of the media tactics now regularly practiced in the manosphere, and Roosh started ROK shortly after reviewing Ryan's book.

Tucker's downfall was moving from one medium to another. While he was a great writer, he did not understand the medium of film and was a terrible collaborator. He compared his film to The Hangover, but The Hangover was directed by the same guy who did Old School, and he had the wrong talent working on his film. That film was like watching Michael Jordan play baseball. The jokes that worked great in the book fell flat. While Tucker might have been right that Hollywood would botch his material, he was wrong in thinking he didn't need others to translate his vision for him.

Like I said, I want him to succeed. But it will require transformation. He hit a plateau, and he's either going to stagnate or grow. I hope he chooses that second.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Messages In This Thread