rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

Check Brussels to Guangzhou, with a stop in Beijing, business class. Do the compare based on that. You may have to check a few different airlines to find the proper route. How many miles for the biz class ticket. First class is at a super premium of course.

You can also consider using a booking service. These services will charge perhaps 100 USD only if they're successful in booking your award ticket. if they aren't successful you won't pay anything. However, they don't book upgrade tickets typically, only full awards (coach, biz, first).

Quote: (07-14-2014 08:58 AM)Brisey Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2014 08:33 AM)G_global Wrote:  

I see. Are you going to book the award on Lufthansa? Or are you booking through another airline.

I'd definitely also think twice about using the miles for an upgrade aftr paying for the flight. It might work out point-wise but its often better to book pure rewards if you can afford to, as upgrades often cost more in miles on a per mile basis then just booking the whole thing in miles as a biz class ticket. This isn't always the case, but look at the price of the coach ticket. Then consider the mileage cost difference between a full business class seat and the upgrade of the seat. Figure out the cost your spending per mile that way, and then make sure there aren't cheaper alternatives to obtaining that difference in mileage cost. If you're paying more than US$.02 per mile, then its almost certainly not worth using the miles for an upgrade rather than booking the whole thing on mileage (or saving until you can). Of course, reasons for flying business vary and if you have other reasons, its of course your prerogative to ignore this advice.

I just checked on Lufthansa how many miles it would be from Brussels to Beijing flying first class, it was 210000 and 700 euros in taxes/fees. If I pay for the flight it's also 700 euros for an economy ticket, i'd get 4 flight segments and the status miles with 50000 miles to upgrade. If I take the latter option I save 160000 miles whilst paying the same that I would have had to pay on taxes.
I think all that depends on if they have the upgrades available though, it might not be possible to do so.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread