rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

I see. Are you going to book the award on Lufthansa? Or are you booking through another airline.

Actually, nowadays, at least for Americans, Airlines are a place to spend miles, and less and less, to earn them (though of course long haul flyers will earn significant chunks of mileage by traveling). Rather, consider the credit cards (and it seems like your onto this option) and hotel stays, among other avenues, as your chief manner in which to earn miles, along with taking advantage of opportunities to cut down on mileage usage from the same travel. Starwood has very good mileage transfer, and if you transfer in chunks of 20,000 Starpoints, you get a 20 percent bonus for the transfer. So if you book your stays, if possible, in Aloft, Sheraton, Westin or W Hotels, you can aggregate transferable miles. In Vegas, btw, Caesars' properties are part of the Starwood network as well (for points, not for status).

I'd definitely also think twice about using the miles for an upgrade aftr paying for the flight. It might work out point-wise but its often better to book pure rewards if you can afford to, as upgrades often cost more in miles on a per mile basis then just booking the whole thing in miles as a biz class ticket. This isn't always the case, but look at the price of the coach ticket. Then consider the mileage cost difference between a full business class seat and the upgrade of the seat. Figure out the cost your spending per mile that way, and then make sure there aren't cheaper alternatives to obtaining that difference in mileage cost. If you're paying more than US$.02 per mile, then its almost certainly not worth using the miles for an upgrade rather than booking the whole thing on mileage (or saving until you can). Of course, reasons for flying business vary and if you have other reasons, its of course your prerogative to ignore this advice.

Since you can probably get one free stopover minimum (I don't know Lufthansa fare rules, or whichever airline your flying but Im guessing) I hope you'll not be paying for the extra flight to Guangzhou. I'll be in the USA during that period I think, but I would like to catch up again, so if I'm here, I'll jump on a train to GZ.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread